Chapter 9

"Anayra!" Minal called as she entered and closed the door behind her.

"What happened to your leg? How did you get this hurt?" Minal asked worriedly, as she entered and saw Anayra.

"It's nothing mama, I am fine! Where were you?" She asked.

"I had gone to pick you up. But Anaya told me that Ayan's uncle came to drop you, where is he?" Minal asked, keeping her car keys and phone on the side table.

"Yes! Dad came to drop me, no one was there at home, but then papa came. Ayan and dad left some time back itself." Anayra replied as she jumped down from the bed.

"Baby careful! And dad? I didn't get you Anayra!" She asked confusingly.

"Ayan calls his uncle as dad, and he told me to call him dad too. You know he takes care of me just like you. He is too caring and sweet mama." Anayra said, as she was piling up the playing blocks in front of her.

"Baby, you should sleep now. You have school tomorrow! And where is maasi?" Minal asked helping Anayra pick up her playing blocks.

"Maasi is in her room." Anayra said walking towards her bed.

"Good night baby!" Minal said kissing her forehead and tucked her onto her bed.

"Where were you Minal?" Arsal asked as he saw her walking out of Anayra's room.

"I had gone to pick Anayra. You came early today? I will serve dinner?" Minal asked softly, closing the door behind her.

"I had my dinner with the clients. You look really tired, did you take your medicines?" Arsal asked taking a seat in the main hall.

"Yes I did! It's just that I was out most of the day today, I am fine!" Minal replied.

•••

"Anayra come here baby! You are getting late." Minal called, keeping her books in her bag.

"Mama, I forgot my art books in the hall upstairs, I will get them!" Anayra ran upstairs, but stopped as Minal called her

"You don't have art today, that's on wednesday!" Minal replied.

"So, I packed my bag for wednesday!"

"Baby, I kept your books! Everything is done, come here fast! Papa will be waiting for you!" Minal said.

"Mama, I had ice cream yesterday, so now my throat is paining!" Anayra said looking up to Minal.

"Your tricks won't work Anayra! It's just one day since you went to school and now you don't want to go?" Minal asked as she tied her hair into a ponytail.

"Oh no! I forgot that I have to go to Ayan's house today. I will meet dad today also! Where is papa? I have to go to school!" Anayra said excitedly.

"Your project isn't completed?"

"No mama! And you also come with me today, please! You can meet dad. He is so nice mama, I like being with him. You know when I got hurt yesterday, he told me that I am a strong girl and he also told that my name is cute just like me. He said that my smile reminds him of someone special to him."

"Anayra, your eyes are like your father's." She remembered saying this, to Anayra.

"What are you thinking mama?" She asked wearing her shoes, as Minal helped her tie her shoelace.

"Nothing baby! Now go, papa is waiting for you outside! And give me a call from Anaya Aunty's phone, when you reach her home." Minal said, placing a slight kiss on her forehead and bid her a goodbye, to which Anayra smiled and nodded.

Anayra bid her a goodbye before leaving. She went out towards the car. Arsal picked her up and made her sit on the seat next to his seat and closed the door. He came inside, to take his laptop bag.

"Arsal I wanted to tell you something." Minal stopped him as he picked his laptop bag and walked towards the door.

"Yes?"

"I was thinking of joining my event company back, that I was working in five years back. Maahi is handling that now, I will be joining with her. But Anayra...?" Minal said as she worried about Anayra every second.

"For few days, Anayra is going to her friend's house, and when her project is done, one of us can stay at home. Or else, if Maahi is free she can stay!"

"You don't worry about Anayra much! I have promised you that she is my responsibility, I will take care of her. Now, after staying for five years with her, I have been so attached to her. She means a lot to me. I am not her father, but my love and care for her will never reduce. You should take care of yourself." Arsal assured.

Arsal always supported Minal and Anayra. He took care of Anayra, just like a father. She had become so important to him, that now he couldn't live without her even if he wanted to.

Minal was truly thankful to him. Where ever, and however she is, it's because of Arsal. If he wasn't there, Minal wouldn't be there where she is now.

But the fact that she would have to tell Anayra the truth some day, scared her. She also feared  that if she ever crossed her paths with her father, how would she face him. How would she tell him, why she left from there, why she kept Anayra away from him!?