Part 5

Ellie's POV:
I hand Nick a beer and set mine down on the table. Then I set down the nuts and pretzels I found in the pantry. "So what's it like being a mom?" "Hard, I didn't get any income into the house till today. Don't get me wrong I love her more than anything and none of this is her fault, but sometimes I look at her and I see her father." "What happened between y'all?" "Long story-short, he had an affair." We locked eyes. "Is that it?" "That's all I want to talk about right now." I said picking up my beer and drinking it all and grabbing another one. "Ellie don't you think you have had enough?" "Who are you my mom?" I said drinking half of that one.

Nicks POV:
When Ellie started drinking her second beer, not included the 3 mugs she had at the bar, I got a little worried. I didn't know if she had done this before or if this was new. "Ellie, I am being serious." "It is my body and I can take care of myself." I sighed. "Wanna watch a movie?" Ellie asked. "I guess." She flicked on a random movie I have never seen before and finished my beer so she went to grab me and her another one. We layed there for about 20 minutes. "I think I should head on home." "No stay. Its almost midnight anyways." We turned to face each other and I tried not to stare at her lips so it wouldn't be too obvious I feel something for her. I knew I had to go or something might happen, but at the same time she was wasted and I felt bad leaving her alone so I decided to stay. "Fine but not for too long." She just shook her head and picked up her 4th bottle.

Once she started to drink it I took it from her hand. "Ellie stop. You don't need to drink this much." I got up poored it out and through the bottle with the others in recycling. I finished the rest of mine and through it out too. I went back to the couch and sat with Ellie. We looked at each other for a second then our lips met. We kissed passionately until we ran out of breath and I pulled away. "Ellie I am not doing this, you are drunk. Just come here." "Oh come on, Nick you don't want all this?" "I never said that just please come over here." She moved closer to me and I wrapped my arm around her. We watched the movie and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to Ellie throwing up in the bathroom. I walked in there and held her hair. "Nick you don't have to." "Yea I do, I let you get drunk." "Oh don't even, also I am sorry about how I acted last night. I remember pretty much all of it." "What do you remember?" "Well I remember up to us kissing. Then after we layed back down on the couch and you respectfully told me no, my memory blacked out." I nodded hoping she didn't remember when she asked if I wanted her and I didn't deny. "Let's just keep this underwraps because of rule 12." I said. "Well we aren't dating, we just made out and slept on my couch together. Never mind I see how that can be misleading." We both laughed and I helped her up. "Do you have to go pick up Olivia and take her to daycare?" "Yea! Why?" "I can go pick her up so you can get to work on time." "Nick you don't have to." "It's okay Ellie, I want to." She shrugged. "Okay let me get you the car seat."