Part 6

Nick's POV:
I knock on he door to McGee and Delilahs house and McGee answers tying his tie. "Hey Nick what are you doing here?" "Here to pick up Olivia and take her to day care." "Uh okay, is everything okay with Ellie?" "Yeah I just offered to take Olivia." He gives me a look then goes and gets Olivia. I grab the diaper bag off the counter and Delilah walks in. "Hey Nick why are you picking up Olivia?" "Just wanted to help out Ellie." "Awe thats so sweet." McGee walks in and hands me Olivia in her car seat. "Nick I am leaving now if you wanna ride with me?" "Sure why not."

We get in the car and drop off Olivia then head to work. "You should ask her out." McGee says out of nowhere. "What?" "You should ask Ellie on a date. I mean why else would you be going out of your way to do stuff for her. I can tell you have feelings for her." "McGee even if I did, which I DON'T, there is rule 12." "Who cares about rule 12, remember Tony and Ziva?" He was right, I did like her and rule 12 was basically getting ignored. We got to work and it was a long day full of paper work and talking. Ellie was being suspicious though. She was going to the bathroom or going outside like every 20 minutes.

Ellie's POV:
I was in the bathroom for at least the 5th time. I had a problem, one I had been trying to resolve for months but failed. Here I was in the bathroom drinking out of a flask. I was in the middle of finishing it off when Nick walked in. I spit out drink into the sink out of being shocked. "Omg Nick you can't just walk in here." "Ellie are you drinking? You could get fired. And with the amount you drank last night, you need to chill out with the drinking." He was right and I knew I had a problem but with me and Jake's divorce and being a mom, sadly I found my comfort in alcohol. "Hand it." And I gave it to him. "Thank you Nick." "No problem, now follow me."

He grabbed my hand and led me from the bathroom to the roof. "Why are we up here?" "I thought you might need some fresh air." I nodded. "So Ellie, what's going on?" "Well it's a lot. First Jake had an affair, then I found out I was pregnant. I didn't know how to deal. So I drank. Not a lot. But after Livy was born, it got hard and stressful. And I ended up drinking a lot more. It's a problem that I shouldn't have but I guess I kinda got use to it making me feel better for a moment." I said sitting down against the entrance. Nick sat down and wrapped his arm around me. "I am so sorry this happened to you. You deserve way better than him, and you definitely didn't deserve to be treated like that. If you ever need help with Olivia, I will be right here ready to help." "Thank you Nick. If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you get married or find someone?" "Well undercover work is rough and I never really found the right person." "Do you believe you have already met the right person?" I asked. "Actually I think I might have." He said kissing me forehead then helping me up.

We got inside and Nick walked over to McGee. He whispered something in McGee's ears and McGee nodded. I got scared that he might be telling him about my drinking. "Hey Ellie. Wanna um, like, um go out to dinner, maybe?" "Like a date?" "Yes" "I would love to but someone had to watch Livy." I smiled because this was the first date since Jake and I like Nick a lot. "I can watch her. I mean Nick's car is still at my house anyway." "Okay yay. I can't wait." I said smiling at Nick who was smiling at me.