⚠️💔 Unknown Save 💔⚠️

⚠️TW: Topics of attempted suicide, implied self harm and homophobic slurs⚠️

▪️◻️◻️Both boys are 14◻️◻️▪️

Damian's pov

I dangled my legs over the side of a tall building in Gotham. My eyes were trained downwards.

I gripped the folded white paper in my fist. It was a letter to my loved ones. A suicide note you could call it.

Burden. Demon. Annoying. Useless. Mistake. Fag. Killer. Pathetic. Brat. Ungrateful. Heartless. Stupid. Freak. Horrid. Weak. Terrorist. Murder. Monster. Disappointment. Jerk. Disgusting. Worthless. Unstable.

The words just played as an endless loop on my head, some words standing out more than others, some ringing louder in my ears than the rest.

I let tears gather in my eyes. Not like anyone will see them. I'm alone tonight. I can finally end it.

I looked up to the cloudy night sky, a cool breeze ruffling my dark hair.

"Apologies everyone... but the world would better if I wasn't here. I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place." I whispered, rubbing my arm which now looked like a barcode.

"It'll all be over soon. I won't burnden you anymore or mess anything up again. I'll be gone for good." I smiled as a tear slipped down my cheek. "Then you'll all be happy. And you'll be proud I finally did something helpful."

I began leaning over the edge, my grip on the railing loosening.

"Hey Dami!" A cheerful voice stopped me. I gripped the railing.

"Kent." I said, controlling my wobbly voice.

"Whatcha doin' up here? Hey get back from the edge! I don't want you to fall!" Jon quickly ran up to me. I shuffled back a bit to please him one last time.

He leaned against the railing, resting his chin in his palm.

"It's pretty cloudy tonight huh? Too bad. Stars are so pretty!" He said happily. I stayed quiet.

"Hey are you okay? You're really quiet." He remarked. I opened my mouth then closed it. I swallowed back a sob.

"I'm fine Kent." I replied. He shrugged.

"I don't think you are but I won't push." I gripped the railing tighter.

"Patrol was kinda rough tonight wasn't it? Your dad got kinda pissed didn't he?" Jon asked. I glared into nothing, tears gathering again.

"Well, I think he's overreacting. You're not unstable, I think you're just tired and going through some stuff, am I right?" He said.

"If that's what you think." I said softly. I saw Jon frown out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't worry too much about your dad! I'm sure it'll all be fine tomorrow!" Jon said, patting my back. I rubbed my arm.

"Jon... do you worry about pleasing others?" I asked. He cocked his head to the side.

"Well, not so much pleasing as much as making someone proud of me." He answered.

"Why? Your dad's proud of you Damian." He paused. "I'm proud of you." Jon placed his hand over mine with a smile.

I felt my heart flutter. I blushed and looked to the side.

"Idiot." I whispered. Jon snickered.

"You wanna go get McDonalds Dami?" He asked hopefully. I looked down at the high fall.

"Sure Jon. Let's go."

"Yay!"

I let him help me down from the ledge. He interlocked our fingers as he lead me down the stairs of the building.

He swung out hands back and fourth.

"You're so lovely Dami." Jon said suddenly. I blushed.

"You are too Jon."

I tucked the letter into my pocket and let the taller boy lead me to the fast food place.

3rd person pov

Unbeknownst to Jon, he'd just saved his best friend from jumping.

Maybe he'd remain unknowing for a long time until Damian was ready to tell him that he'd saved him that one night, no superpowers needed.

But until then, Damian was alive. And that's what mattered to Jon.

~~~

You guys know the drill, hand 'em over.

Angst requests?