CHAPTER 9

Monday morning comes in way too soon. As usual, my alarm goes off at 6:35 a.m. waking me and the other two on my couch up.

I look around my new room. It isn't the most spacious room, but I am completely fine with it.

My bed is next to my door. Next to the window on the other side of the room I have my desk and closet. And across from that is my little couch which Milli and Simon are sleeping on. I necessarily needed a couch that you could transform into a bed because I knew that Milli and Simon would sleep here quite often, and I don't want to always carry a mattress up here.

My phone goes off again and I realise I must've tapped on the snooze button. This time the alarm wakes up Simon and he smiles at me before shaking Milli awake. The two of them need to leave in half an hour because they need to change at home and then go to school from there.

"I'll start making breakfast. You wake her up and then come downstairs." I tell him and he nods with a smile.

In the kitchen I decide to go for simple cereal with some yoghurt. Mainly because there wasn't enough milk for the three of us.

The two of them come downstairs a couple of minutes after I had set our bowls on countertop.

We mainly talk about how bad dance practise will be on Saturday because we skipped it yesterday. When you skip practise, you need to stay half an hour extra next time. Only if the reason that you skipped was that someone in your family died, or you were extremely sick you don't have to stay.

It's seven o'clock when they start to head out. I give both of them an apple and a cereal bar to take with them. Like every time I do that they respond, "Thanks momma Rudes." I laugh and push them out of the front door. Just before they enter their car I shout, "Have fun at school. Love you."

"Love you too." They say before driving off.

This was a ritual of ours too. Every time I'd do something like that, they would call me momma Rudes. And then I would purposely act like a real mom and ruffle their hair or stuff like that.

At first this kind of annoyed me but now I've just seen the fun in it because I can embarrass them in front of everyone.

Momma Rudes kind of suits me. I am in fact the mom of our little group. Simon is the designated driver and Milli... Well she's the one that always has an answer to a problem. And the quirky one.

***

Art class was weird. And annoying. Ms Glews reminds us that the project she gave us is till Thursday.

The weird thing was that Elliot sat next to me and gave me a smile. I just ignored him. Well I tried to.

The annoying thing was that he constantly tried to talk to me. Like all the time. Even after I left to get to P.E., he still tried to talk to me.

Is he like blind or why doesn't he see that I clearly don't want to talk to him? I don't know what it is but just his presence annoys the living crap out of me.

What I saw next drove me almost insane.

Elliot. In my damn P.E. class.

I know that he wasn't here last week. Meaning he somehow switched classes.

The only other person I really know and talk to is Noah. Out of all the people I hang out with here at school, I can stand him the most. It's probably because he annoys me with his stupid pick-up lines that are so a bad that I crack up every time he tells me a new one that he found. I swear how the hell does he find so many. He's been telling me one a day since last year and hasn't missed a day once. Even on the weekends he would text me.