CHAPTER 25

My alarm rips me out of my dream the next morning. I groan and roll over, ready to sleep for the next few minutes trying to continue and finish the dream that got destroyed a minute ago.

Why do I need to go to school? Wait- Today is no school. It's Saturday. Why do I have- Elliot. The park. Seven. Half an hour.

My eyes shoot open and I jump straight out of my bed, rushing to the bathroom to get ready the dream already forgotten.

I walk back to my room after five minutes and put on a pair of leggings and a loose crop top. I put one of my favourite sweaters over it and look in the mirror. My eyes have dark circles under them and my skin looks really pale.
I have a little bit time left. I just simply won't eat breakfast.

When I'm finally finished it's ten minutes before seven. If I speed walk I will make it to the park on time.

With that determination I walk downstairs, put my sneakers on and take my keys off the hook.

I make it to the park and sit on a bench. It's seven. Where is he?

I wait a few minutes and get really impatient because I rushed here like an idiot, then text him.

H: I'm here. Where r u?

"Boo." Someone whispers in my ear and I scream and jump up from the bench I was sitting on.

I turn around and see Elliot laughing at me.

"That wasn't funny." I tell him and he shrugs.

"You're right. It was hilarious."

"Okay smartass, have you got any ideas where we are gonna take the pictures?" I ask and put my hands on my hips.

"Yes. There's this basketball field. I thought that we could shoot there since you could dance there too." He answers and I nod adding a little eyeroll just so he can see how annoyed I am.

We walk towards the Basketball field in silence and I get a text from someone.

It's from Elliot. I roll my eyes but still decide read it.

E: I'm with this annoying girl that calls me smartass.

H: Dumbass.

"Now I'm a dumbass? Wow you really like hurting my feelings." He says after he read my response.

"It's the best part of my day." I tell him with a smirk.

He gives me a playful glare and I shrug.

We reach the Basketball field and the sun is just about to rise.

"Who's gonna start?" He asks and I look around, then at him.

"You. I just need to dance and you would actually need to get some good shots in. If you're even good enough to do that." I tease and he talks off his jacket, handing me his camera that he bought with him.

"Watch this."

I get ready to take some pictures. It's still a little bit dark but I can tell that he is about to dunk.

1..2..3..

I take picture after picture after he starts dribbling the ball toward the hoop.

He throws ball after ball and every shot goes through the little white net.

The sky has changed its colour to orange now and we take look at the pictures.

There aren't any that are good enough in both of our eyes, so I tell him to do a few more until we find a good one.