EPILOUGE

"Have I told you how stunning you look in that dress?" Elliot says as we sway from side to side amongst the other students. "About a billion times, yes." I answer catch as glimpse of his smirk before he makes me do a little turn. "Stop staring, idiot." I laugh and look in his beautiful brown eyes which are illuminated by all the fairy lights above and around us as I slap his chest. "How can I stop staring at someone this beautiful?" He asks with a cute pout when I roll my eyes at him.

The gym hall is decorated really amazing. The prom committee decided on 'red carpet in Paris' as the theme of this night. I have no clue how they came up with that idea, but I am not complaining about it either. My dress is a short satin and dark blue dream. Thanks to Mike's wife who insisted on sewing it for me- even though I tried to decline her offer a billion times-, I get to wear this beautiful prom dress and call it mine. To be honest, I am really glad that I get to use the benefits of Mike's wife even though we talked only once.

I let my eyes wander for a little while around the room, taking every single detail in, having a feeling that it will be that last time that I see it. Every nervous couple around me. Every girl group gossiping at the table. Every football player bro hugging at the punch table. Every teacher not really paying attention to us students, only trying to enjoy themselves. Lastly I look at the handsome guy in front of me that I am able to call my boyfriend, whose gaze I have been feeling on me the entire evening already.

"I remember a few months ago, I didn't even want to go to prom and look at me now. I'm stuck with an idiot." I joke and Elliot pulls me closer. I still insult him every once in a while, but he knows that I never mean it- well not like I used to- and that it is just a bad habit of mine "May I add, an idiot you love very much." I give him a quick peck on the lips and nod. "I love you." "I love you."

"Hailey! Come on, dance with us!" Milli shouts as she pulls me away from Elliot when a Spanish song comes on. Simon is walking back from the punch table as he sees us. Quickly, the paper cup in is hand is nowhere to be seen anymore and the three of us stand in the middle of the dance floor. "I just needed to get you for myself at some point tonight. Elliot had enough time with you tonight. It is my turn now." Milli shouts over the music and glares at Elliot who stands a little bit back at the wall, watching the three of us and sticking his tongue out at Milli.

My best friends and I move to the music like it is our second nature. I mean, it kind of is. More and more students are gathering in the middle of the hall, just simply having fun. The lights are flickering on and off which just adds to the night club vibe I feel right now. We shout the lyrics unlike all the others because Roberto hears Spanish music all the time and maybe has made us learn his mother language with time. I don't think that I am good at Spanish but I am sure that I will be better until I am twenty-two. That was the limit Roberto gave us to learn it and if we wouldn't, we would 'get to feel his wrath' as he likes to remind us very often.

I don't know how much time has passed when the Spanish songs are switched up for more romantic ones again. The dense crowd is moving apart again and it smells horribly like sweaty teen, me definitely and without a doubt being on of them and probably not looking a bit less exhausted.

"Can I get her to myself now again?" I hear Elliot ask as he comes up and puts his hand on my waist. Milli squints her eyes at him in a playful way and they bicker about who gets to have me for the rest of the night while Simon gets ourselves something to drink. I gulp the entire punch down once it touches my lips and thank Simon afterwards. "Okay fine. You can have her." Milli gives in after Elliot promised her a free pizza afterwards and I laugh, not bothering to step into that arrangement. I put my arms around Elliot's neck and he his around my waist after my best friends leave us alone.

We stay there holding each other, not really dancing but just simply moving from left to right along the soft music which is playing. Elliot tries to ruin my curls by combing his fingers through them but I slap his hand away. I re-died my outgrown roots ginger again, not too long ago. Helena was really exited to see me again after months. We talked for hours and I told her about what was happening in my life when we first met. She is a great listener and I seriously consider her as a friend of mine too. She is working on a special product that should slowly dye my natural brown hair ginger after using it every time I shower. I don't remember all the chemical processes she tried to explain to me- and obviously failed at that- but the product should be like a normal shampoo or something but will legitimately keep my roots ginger as my hair grows, which would be the best thing ever because I don't want to go back to my brown hair anytime soon again. Maybe because I associate so many bad memories with everything before that make-over-day with Sophia.

"What do you plan on doing this summer?" Elliot pulls me out of my train filled with thoughts when I have been just staring for a while and I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Probably stay here with you and Simon and Milli. Just have a last great summer before we become seniors and need to go to this hell hole again." I answer and he laughs at my remark but nods. "How are things with your dad? Do you still talk with him only when you need to or has something improved on your side?" He continues and I look up from drawing meaningless patters into his suit with my fingertips. "Mom send him the pictures we took before we left already, so I guess that she will make me talk to him at some point soon again." I sigh and lean my head on his chest. He rubs small circles on my back and puts his head on top of mine.

Right now I feel warm and at peace, but I guess that this easiness I feel in my chest- which is a huge contrast from the bad feeling in my stomach- is the calm before another storm starts to mess my life up again.

I close my eyes and hug Elliot tighter.

I do not want this moment to end.