CHAPTER 14

My alarm rings again and I hit the snooze button for the millionth time. It's already seven thirty and I know if I don't get up now, I will be late to school and I seriously don't need Glews to be one of my many other problems right now.

Slowly I roll out of my bed and onto the floor. The sudden contact against the hard wood does nothing to wake me up except make my back hurt really fucking bad. I guess the pain feels better than the noting I felt at the beginning of this weekend.

After a few more minutes of moping against the cold floor, I decide to finally get up and get ready.

Sitting in front of my full-length mirror on the floor, my back curved like a banana-shaped-fuck, I take my make-up bag and sigh. Do I really want to put this shit on my face? Yes, I do because I don't want anyone thinking that anything is going on.

Taking way longer than usual, I finally get finished and go to school, looking somewhat decent.

I'm perfectly on time for Ms Glews class and slouch down in my seat. I feel his eyes burning in the back of my head the entire lesson, but I don't look at him once. Instead, I try to focus on what Glews is saying, which is pretty damn hard since I drift in and out of sleep the entire time.

My nights have been completely restless and all I would like to do is just sleep throughout this whole day.

By lunch I'm considering to skip the rest of the day. Anna's and Sarah's annoying voices just make my headache grow more and more. Why the hell do they need to talk all the time? Can't they just shut up for once? I'm on my phone trying to blend them all out but it obviously isn't working. My hand is clutching to my phone so hard I'm surprised it hasn't broken jet. My face scrunches up as they squeal at something again. How can you stand to be around them for more than twenty minutes?

"Haileyyyy. What's up with you today?" Gillian whines and I look up from my phone giving her a fake smile. "What do you mean? There's nothing up." I answer her and lean forward a little bit.

"Yes there is." Sarah deadpans and I look at her still smiling. "And what would that be?" I ask.

"You're not talking to us at all. You're only on your phone." Gillian responds instead of Sarah. Since when do I need to engage in their stupid conversations about something completely unnecessary? I don't tell them that. Instead I sigh and grab my head. "I'm sorry. It's just my headache, I think I should get myself something for it from the nurse." I lie and stand up.

"Do you need someone to come with you?" He asks and I look at him, trying my hardest not to glare.

"No, I'm fine." I answer and turn to go away. When they can't see me anymore I smile. Finally. I should've just got up and go sooner. To say that my lying and faking skills have improved over the years is an understatement. Sometimes I scare myself a little bit by how naturally I can lie in any situation, but at the same time I'm a little bit proud of myself for having so much control about this.

I guess faking is one of the best things that this school has though me.