CHAPTER 34

The next day was spend with me watching Pretty Little Liars until noon and then practising my solo before Milli and Simon came home from school at two p.m. Both of them were excused to go two hours earlier because of the dance competition tomorrow. After they came home we ate and then it was three hours of practising at the dance studio. Two hours of those, we practised the choreography of the whole dance group and the last hour we decided to stay a while longer and practise our trio until we were sure that it was perfect. And until we couldn't move anymore because our muscles were aching so damn much.

When Roberto came to pick us up, we were completely sweaty and tired. He went as far as to tell us to sit in the back because of 'safety reasons'.

Their parents let us have a sleepover since we would be driving together anyways. The sleepover consisted of arguing about who would take an ice shower first, then arguing about what to watch, then watching "Rags" and last but not least, trying to go to sleep but being too excited about the dance competition and going to sleep an hour later than actually planned.

The morning of the dance competition was extremely hectic. Well not entirely. Sophia made us a wonderful breakfast buffet with everything you could imagine and then called Simon's family over too. French toast, waffles, eggs, sausages, cereal, yogurt fruit salads. Literally everything was there to pick from. I think that Sophia went to give the leftovers to a few homeless people at the mall or something. At least she didn't throw it away like most households would.

After breakfast was when everything got stressful. Milli could not find her shoes, Simon's outfit had a stain on it and needed to be washed. Thank god that Sophia had a spot cleaner for Simon to use and that Emily wanted to play with Milli's sports bag, because that was where we found her shoes after she had told us that she already looked 'everywhere'. Mhm. Totally true.

My bag was already packed with everything I needed because I literally have a whole lot of my stuff here at Milli's house. Thank god that I do, because if I didn't then I probably would have needed to go home and get everything and I seriously am trying to stay as far away as possible from that place right now due to obvious reasons.

The drive to the dance arena took us an hour, which was less than scheduled. Roberto drove Milli, Simon and I, while Sophia and Emily carpooled with Simon's parents since they had a minivan with more space for all of them.

***

"Whoa." Simon, Milli and I say at the same time as we take a look at the huge stage and arena. People are filling in already, even though we still have half an hour until the show starts. I spot Simon's and Milli's family and the second row and wave at them. They give us a thumbs up and we walk backstage again. "We are seriously going to perform on that?" Milli asks, pointing to the curtains that divide the stage from us. "I think I might pass out soon." Simon says and I roll my eyes at his overdramatic being. "Shut it guys. This is perfect and we are all going to be fine, okay?" I say and they nod, but I don't miss Milli stuffing three pop-tarts from the catering table into her jacket. "If you eat too many of those you will get sick before we even start." I warn her and she just shakes her head. "There is no 'too many' when it comes to the most delicious and calming thig in the world." She answers and childishly rips one open and stuffs it into her mouth. I hand her my water bottle when I see that she is struggling to swallow the entire thing and she gradually takes a few sips. "Thanks." She says after drinking away almost the entire bottle and I give her a look. "I will listen to you next time, I promise." She tells me and I nod. Simon steps behind us and pushes us forward. "Hurry up you slow and old grannys." He insults us and we just laugh at him.

Our dance group has their own practise room as do all the other competitors. We walk past a mirror and Simon takes a quick picture of us to post in his Instagram story. "Who should hurry up now?" Milli teases and Simon looks up from is phone. "There is always time for a mirror picture." "True though." I agree with him and we continue walking.