30: cassidy

"Well look who's finally home," Dean teases from the kitchen.

Not even the sarcasm in his voice can drown out the sheer joy I feel. Hearing Maddox say that he loved me after the way he took care of me meant everything. "Look who's always home," I retort walking to my room. "I just stopped by to change before my shift."

"Man I feel like I never see you these days," He says, following me down the hallway.

"You see me all the time at work and we live together?" I question, giving him a weird look.

"Uh we both pay to live here, you practically live at Maddox's."

I open the door to my room, and turn to stop Dean from following me. "First of all, I don't live at Maddox's place. Second of all, I'm changing so you're gonna have to talk through the door."

He gives me a sly smile, "You don't want an audience?" I don't bother giving him a response other than shutting the door in his face, "I was just kidding!" Dean exclaims through the door.

"I'm aware," I reply loudly, grabbing a tank top from my closet and pulling on a set of jeans. I run a brush through my hair before pulling it up into a messy bun.

"So when are you going to move in with him?" He asks, just as I open the door again.

I jump half a step back out of surprise since I assumed he had gone back to the kitchen, "Jesus Dean. You can't just stand there."

"But you knew I was there? Also you're avoiding answering my question."

My booties are by the front door, "I'm not moving in with Maddox anytime soon. I think you're forgetting that I've only been seeing him for a few months. Plus I'm finally living on my own, I'm not ready to live with a boyfriend again."

Although I can see his point because I do spend more nights there than I do here. It's not as if I'm never home, I guess there's just been a lot going on lately.

"Okay well I guess if I want to talk to you, then I'll have to come spend my hard earned money at the bar," Dean sighs, giving me a smile and grabbing his keys. "You know how John hates when people are late."

My jaw drops, "Oh so you knew I was trying to get you to leave?"

He shuts the front door behind us, checking to make sure it's locked. "Yes, you weren't exactly subtle about it. I do like the blonde though, I just wasn't expecting it."

"Well I'm sorry because I am happy that things are getting better between you and Maddox, but I also wanted to only see him that night."

Dean shakes his head slightly, "I'm guessing I have you to thank for his changing attitude towards me?"

"It was all Maddox. I pushed and nagged to get him there, but it was ultimately his decision." I nagged a lot even after I said I wouldn't touch the topic of their relationship.

He throws an arm over my shoulder, "I appreciate it. I do have other news to tell you! I would have told you when I found out, but you're always with my brother doing god knows what." He shudders at the thought causing me to giggle.

"You don't want to know."

"You're right, I don't want to know. But I got into the fire academy."

My jaw drops and I stop in my tracks, "You got in?"

Dean smiles widely, "I got in."

I throw my arms around his neck to give him a hug. He's been working non-stop on his application every minute he isn't working at the bar. "I'm so proud of you, I knew you could do it."