Chapter one-Let the mischief begin

Chapter song- Come as you are- Nirvana

"Now Jules do you remember the three rules your father gave you to follow while you're here?" Questioned my father Remus. "Yes, would you like me to recite them to you?" I remarked sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Dad and I are sitting in a carriage on the way to Hogwarts, it was my first year here but everyone else's fifth. I loathe the fact that I have to start all over again. But in all honestly hated Beauxbatons more than anything on this godforsaken planet, I hope Hogwarts is a little more interesting than the academy. At least there are boys here! Dad is the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher which is bloody fantastic. Not. I won't be able to cause anywhere near as much trouble as I was planning with him lurking around the corner.

My father Sirius warned me that Professor Snape will most likely have it in for me considering I'm the adopted child of two Marauders. Oh, merlin I hope I'm not in Slytherin! At least if I'm in Gryffindor I'll be with Harry, he's basically like my cousin at this point. I hope that by the end of this year he will be living with us instead of at that god awful muggle prison he is forced to call home. I've heard so much about his friends, and enemies for that matter. The Weasley twins, Fred and George, seem like my kinda guys, I wonder what sorts of mischief we can cause before Christmas.

"We are here J, remember what I said, best behaviour." My dad reminded me, stepping out of the carriage and strolling towards the beautiful castle, illuminated by the stunning golden lanterns that lined the halls of the castle inside. Reaching inside the carriage I pick up my beauty of a bird, Aira is a screech owl. I've had her since first year and it was love at first sight. Our trunks were already being transported to Hogwarts so I let Aira fly to the Castle to spread her wings for a while.

We reach the Great hall and dad wraps an arm around my shoulders. He is well aware of my fear of being sorted into Slytherin and being a disappointment. "Hey, Kiddo even if you are sorted into Slytherin we will be proud of you. Your Uncle Regulus was one of the bravest and strongest men I know and he was a Slytherin. Your house doesn't define your future or the path you take in life. Anyways Harry's already told you that the hat will take into consideration your wishes." Remus comforted me as best he could, before heading into the hall. I dropped my head and sat at the end of the Gryffindor table in hope that no one will notice me.

Kids Started to filter in group by group heading to their designated tables. I felt a few stares but most students were too caught up in their own conversations to notice the newcomer. Searching through the sea of rodes, I searched for Harry and his friends. Ah, there they are, just as I stand up to sit with Harry Dumbledore begins to speak. I quickly return to my seat in hope that no one has noticed. I wasn't so lucky. The one and only Draco Malfoy seemed to notice. Honestly, if looks could kill. He is just as Harry had described, minus the slicked-back hair. He must have changed his hair and grown a few inches since Harry last mentioned him, but to be honest, that was when we were twelve. Puberty hit him like the night bus wow.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts, I hope you all had a magnificent summer. Now before you, all become too befuddled with the feast I have a few announcements along with the Sorting Hat." Dumbledore greeted the students with a loving tone and large hand gestures. "Now, first of all, I would like to introduce our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor R J Lupin, and his Daughter Jules Lupin-Black. I entrust you will all greet them with a warm welcome." Dumbledore continued on with a few minor announcements before starting the sorting of the first years. I could hear whispers all around from each house trying to find the newcomer. I kept my head down until I felt another pair of eyes on me. This time from the table behind. Once turning I was met with a joyous yet curious pair of hazel eyes. I like this guy. He seems nice. I gave a little wave and a smile which was reciprocated with a silly wink. I like this Hufflepuff, I think we will be mates. He was a rather good looking chap, not exactly my type but he is most definitely the heartthrob of Hogwarts. 

Tuning back into reality I realised all of the first years were seated in their houses. Panic struck, my blood draining from my face. Oh God, it's my turn. Bad bitch activated. Standing up I flicked my curly black and white highlighted hair to the side as I strutted down the hall towards the sorting hat. Murmurs and whispers surrounded the hall. "I heard she was kicked out of Beauxbatons for setting off fireworks during study hall or something like that!" Draco pretty much shouted to not only the Slytherin table but also the Gryffindor table. This caught the attention of the golden trio and their friends. "Shut it Malfoy!" retaliated Ron in my defence. What they didn't know is that I was proud of myself and my achievements. Lucky for me my confidence outshone Draco's attempt to embarrass me. A certain set of redheads caught my attention, I locked eyes with who I'm guessing is Fred, due to the lettered woolly jumper sat on the table in front of him. Well well, I didn't expect them to be so good looking. I gave Fred a wink before continuing to the front of the hall. "Wicked" is the last thing I heard from the boys as I sat down in the god awful chair next to the hat.

Well, wish me luck.          

A/N: just a quick lil thing this doesn't really follow the timeline or story of the jkrowling stories as you can probably tell also they're in fifth year so they're are like 15-16 so don't eat me thanks xx

Soundtrack Playlist- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6os6NwmnQkqag41cpA6iVv?si=4ef4f22428164b19