chapter one• background ☆

Albus dumbledore walked down privet drive with a pen shaped device in hand. Clicking it open, the lights that once light up the mundane street were sucked into the contraption. Albus swiftly closed it, turning towards a deep black cat perched on the perfect brick ledge.

"I should have known you would be here, Professor McGonagall." Albus stated quietly.

The cat meows and turns into a human, Minerva McGonagall.

"Good evening Professor. Ive heard many stories on my journey here Albus. Tell me, are the rumors true?" Minerva whispered with pain in her eyes.

"I'm afraid so, Professor. The good, and the bad." Dunmbledore explained at the moon shone a mere light down on the silent street.

"And the children?" Minerva questioned.

"Hagrid is bringing them." stated Albus calmly.

"Do you think it is wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" Minerva said with a hint of worry in her voice.

"Ah professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life." Albus said as he and minerva turned around to see Hagrid coming from the sky in a flying motorcycle.

"Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall." Hagrid greets.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Albus questioned

"No, sir. Little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake this one. There you go." Hagrid said hesitant to pass over the baby.

Hagrid hands a baby in a blanket over to Dumbledore.

"Albus, do you really think its safe, leaving him with these people? I've been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are" Minerva stated nervous and worried for the baby

"They are the only family he has." Dumbledore said sympathetically.

They stop outside a house.

"This boy will be famous. There wont be a child in our world who doesn't know his name." Minerva muttered.

"Exactly. He's better off growing up away from all that. Until he is ready." Dumbledore reassured her.

Hagrid coughed and sniffled, he was crying. He cleared his throat.

"There, there, Hagrid. It's not really good-bye, after all." Dumbledore uttered.

Hagrid nods. Dumbledore takes a letter and places it on the baby, who is now at the foot of the door. The baby has a visible lightning-bolt shaped scar on his forehead.

"And the girl? Is she truly plagued with what we think?" Minerva asks.

"Severus just left with her, and i'm afraid it's too early to tell." Albus answered

"Oh dear me.." Minvera breathes.

"Professor don't worry, i'm sure he will have no trouble finding her a home." Spoke Dumbledore.

And with that Albus and Minerva apparated away as a teary eyed Hagrid rode into the sky.

———————-

The girls first few years of life after the incident were spent in the system, not much else could have been done. Eventually though, a family took her in. Their vile demeanor towards her mimicked the way the Dursleys would treat Harry for years. When her first two years a Beauxbaton School of magic didn't work out, Hogwarts became the only option.

a/n hey potties! this is my first chapter and probably shortest one i'll ever do! this chapter is just background! the next chapter will also be a little short but not as short as this one! also, the actual story starts in 3rd year but im giving a little more background in the next chapter about years one and two and you will understand why! anyway i will see you in the next chapter! Au Revoir! Bonn Journee!