chapter twenty six• potter stinks ☆

"Hot"

•**•**•**•**•

"I'm sick...and I'm tired too."

- The Beach by The Neighbourhood

•**•**•**•**•

Warnings: swearing

*゚▽゚**゚▽゚**゚▽゚**゚▽゚**゚▽゚**゚▽゚**゚▽゚*

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

(•third person POV•)

If Harry had thought that matters would improve once everyone got used to the idea of him being champion, the following day showed him how mistaken he was. Y/n managed just fine though. The school knew she didn't put her name in the goblet, but everyone thought Harry put his name in. Some even though Harry put both his and y/n's name in.

Harry could no longer avoid the rest of the school once he was back at lessons. It was clear that the rest of the school, just like the Gryffindors, thought Harry had entered himself and y/n for the tournament. Unlike the Gryffindors, however, they did not seem impressed.

The Hufflepuffs, who were usually on excellent terms with the Gryffindors, had turned remarkably cold toward the whole lot of them. One Herbology lesson was enough to demonstrate this. It was plain that the Hufflepuffs felt that Harry had stolen their champion's glory; a feeling exacerbated, perhaps, by the fact that Hufflepuff House very rarely got any glory, and that Cedric was one of the few who had ever given them any, having beaten Gryffindor once at Quidditch.

Ernie Macmillan and Justin Finch-Fletchley, with whom Harry normally got on very well, did not talk to him even though they were repotting Bouncing Bulbs at the same tray — though they did laugh rather unpleasantly when one of the Bouncing Bulbs wriggled free from Harry's grip and smacked him hard in the face.

Ron wasn't talking to Harry either. Hermione and
y/n sat between them, making very forced conversation, but though both answered the girls normally, they avoided making eye contact with each other.

Harry thought even Professor Sprout seemed distant with him —but then, she was Head of Hufflepuff House.

He would have been looking forward to seeing Hagrid under normal circumstances, but Care of Magical Creatures meant seeing the Slytherins too — the first time he would come face-to-face with them since becoming champion.