job hunting

Win

I folded the newspaper and placed it on top of my cardboard-table. I managed to find a decent one bedroom place in the city. I may not have a lot of furniture and all that. Just a mattress, my cardboard box. I managed to find a second hand mini fridge to keep whatever I could afford and even a plate and a mug in the 'kitchen'. I basically had enough to survive. But I mad it so far. I don't really care. It's been almost 4 months since my life turned upside down. I didn't really have anyone to talk to, it's not like I wanted to anyway. I lived in my tiny room all alone, barely ate, slept all day, spaced out a lot. Till it hit me that all the money that I had gotten will get used up soon since the only thing I am paying for properly was my rent.

The owner of the apartment knew my situation and had given me this room for a pretty cheap rate. Which was great. But he will be raising it back to the normal one soon so I had to find a job quickly. That explains the newspaper that I had folded earlier. I was looking through the advertisement, hoping to find any place that needed employees. I couldn't go work in huge offices since I don't really have a degree or anything.

The only places that were in need of people were a cafe and club. Now I don't mind working for both. Anything that gets me enough money for the rent works. So I decided to head to the cafe first. Luckily it was close to the apartment I was staying at.

I didn't bother dressing up too well or anything. It's not like I could anyway. I had a plain white T-shirt and blue jeans. Which was pretty casual. That's all that matters in a cafe anyway. I found the place and headed inside. The smell of coffee was floating around the tiny shop and the sounds of people laughing and talking were heard. Ah, human interaction after so long. This will be hard.

I walked up to the counter and asked for the owner and apparently the owner was the one working behind the coffee machine so yeah, it was just one person handling the entire thing. That's rough.

"I want a job", I said. Straightforward. This man had no one else working here, I couldn't care less about formalities. The man looked up at me, confused and had a slight look of disgust. Probably with the way I approached him. But whatever.

"Um, please wait in that area, I'll get to you when I'm done with this order", he said and pointed to a side where four other men who seemed my age were waiting. They looked all clean and proper. They were probably here for part time purposes, to come and waste time after their classes. Yeah, I don't think I'm getting this job, but I had to try anyway. I walked towards them and sat down quietly while they bonded and chattered away.

"Oh you must be here for the job as well. I am Off", one of them told me as I sat down. The way he talked, it had so much pride. These kids seemed like they were rich. Why the hell do they need a part time job?

"Yes", I said blankly. I didn't feel the need to introduce myself to them. I noticed one of the other boys rolled their eyes at me. Privileged rich kids behaviour.

"You look like you could pass off as some male hooker with that vibe. Why are you here anyway?", the third boy asked me and I felt the first boy, Off tense up and punch him lightly. I raised my head to look at the boy who just spoke to me.

"The fuck did you say?"

"You look like you would fuck guys for money. I wouldn't blame you, you have a pretty face and all that. But with your vibe, you definitely wouldn't pass working here so I thought you should head to some Strip Club or anywhere else where people like you belong", he said again, shamelessly.

"That sounds like a good idea"

I got up from my seat and headed outside leaving the other boys dumbfounded. Now, a normal person would be pissed. Thrown a few punches and all that. But I'm desperate here. And I don't care about stuff like this. It's like all my emotions were switched off after March 26th. I don't know if that was a good thing or not. Like I said, I don't care. So I headed to the areas where all the bars and strip clubs were lined up. This should work.