tell me

Bright

Thoughts of Win kept floating in my mind for the past few days. Win. What a cute name, for a cute guy. This feeling I had, I hadn't felt it in so long. I should definitely go to the bar tonight to meet him. That's the plan.

"See you later", I told my mom and the other waiters at her restaurant when I was done with my shift for the day. It's been a week since I met Win and since he told me he'd be taking the week off, I didn't go to the bar as well. Well, now I think the only reason I would go there would be to meet that handsome young man. Never in my 22 years of trash life I expected my self to have the 'feels' for a man! I have dated a girl for 3 years or so. Maybe this was a good change for me.

I went to the crowded bar and found my usual seat at the corner and waited for the person who I came for.

"You're here", the familiar voice called out which got me all worked up and happy. No matter how exhausted I was, it felt like being next to him recharged me completely. "Drink before we do it? Or we going right in?", he asked.

Ahh, how could I forget. That's the only relation we have with each other. I didn't have an intention to do him tonight. I just wanted to be with him, talk to him and maybe know more about him. But I don't think he'd want that. Or wait.

"I was thinking if we could just talk tonight?", I asked hoping he'd agree.

"Ah, I..."

"I'll pay for you to sit and talk to me. I promise", I said again, cutting him off. He seemed pretty taken aback by the offer but he doesn't realise what I'm feeling right now. I know I'll be broke in a few months with the stuff I'm doing right now, but being with him makes it all worth it. He simply nodded and went to get us some beer.

"So what do you want to talk about?", he asked me as he sat down in front of me.

"Tell me about yourself. We have done so much in the past few weeks. I think we should get to know each other a little more"

"What do you want to know?"

Damn he's dry as hell.

"Uhm, where do you live?"

"Around here"

"Ah, me too me too. What made you work here?"

"Need the money for rent and food"

"Why don't you work somewhere else though? Isn't all of this too tiring?"

"I don't have a degree so I can't get an office job. And working in a cafe or a book store can't help me earn too much in a short time. This was the best option for me"

That has to be the longest thing I've heard from him ever. The two of us seem to be slightly similar but he was definitely having it worse. I at least had my mom to help me find work at her restaurant. But I didn't know about Win. I noticed that he had dark circles forming under his eyes now. Which was bound to happen since he probably works here till 3 am or so.

"Can I ask you something?", he asked me interrupting my train of thought.

"Sure"

"Why are you so keen on helping me?"

Ah. Well I wish I knew myself. What can I tell him?

"Something about you interests me. Don't be creeped out though. I only mean good intentions", I replied. Vague and short. I didn't want to think too much about it as well. He didn't ask anything more since he just nodded and turned to face the crowd of people dancing at the club.

"I was thinking...", I started off which made him look at me again. "Why don't you quit this job here? I'll help you find work somewhere else"

"Yeah, not happening. I don't want you to go that far for me"

"You can help out at my mom's restaurant!", I said and immediately regretted it. I shouldn't have said that without asking her first. What if she refuses?

"I don't know...", he said looking down at the table now. I can't stand to see him this way.

"Trust me. It will be much better. Just come by tomorrow at 9 am! We'll talk to my mom together", I said, cursing at myself now. I have already gone this far. I have to start begging when I get back home.

"Okay"
.
.
.
.
Okay we're now moving to more light hearted moments :,) Okay thanks for reading!