dropping out

Bright

After the worst day of my life till date, yes, at this point I don't believe in limits. With my luck I'm sure that worse days are yet to come. I felt numb. Mentally and even physically for a while. I missed way too many meals and contact with everyone except my mother. She was surprisingly going strong even after what had happened. She kept going for work and managed to keep both of us safe without any financial aid from 'dad' and I respect her for that.

I couldn't do anything though. Since I lost my scholarship for university I decided not to go and work at my mom's restaurant instead. How bad could it be? It's not like I wanted a social life anyway. After March 26th, my trust levels with people just crashed.

5 months went by since that day and I decided to finally get out of my room. How long should I keep sulking about my life? As decided, I had gone to my mom's restaurant which was always crowded. There were 3 other waiters with me and they had been working with her for years so they guided me through the whole thing.

"Smile more son, you'll scare the customers", one of the older waiters told me calmly before handing me a plate that I had to take to one of the tables. Smile? It's almost as if I forgot what that was. In fact, I don't even know how to feel in general. When I have those terrible memories, I don't feel like crying. When my mom and I watch something funny, I don't laugh anymore. Yeah my mom had talked to me about it and even asked if I needed any help, as in therapy and all that. She thinks that I have a lot on my mind. Which is probably true, but I don't want to change anything. Things seem better this way. Where I don't have to care about anything anymore.

I survived through the day. And decided to go to a bar after we closed the restaurant. I changed from my waiter uniform to my casual clothes and headed to the nearest bar in my area. I didn't own a car or a motorcycle so yeah, if it gets too late I didn't want to end up in the other side of town, half drunk and no way to get back home since I was alone.

As I was closer to the street with bars I saw a man standing outside looking clueless or probably confused on which one to go to. Oh well, I shrugged it off and went into the one which seemed less crowded.

"Hey do you come here often?", a voice called out which made me stop and turn around to see if it was for me. The man was now looking at me so I'm guessing it was him who spoke.

"I guess you could say that"

"So do people hook up for money around here?", he asked with a straight face. Was this some sorta prank or was he for real?

"Sure I guess it does happen", I said. Well it's not like I have done anything of that sort but I had heard stories. The man simply nodded his head and was looking around again.

With a cute face like that, why would he want temporary hookups? Or was he some kinda sugar daddy and wants to throw away cash? He didn't seem that rich though. Not my problem anyways. I turned back around and entered one of the bar's which had music blasting so loud that I was sure the police would come by in a few hours to shut everything down.
.
.
.
Hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading!