past

Bright

I thanked all the gods when I finally saw Win approaching the mall. I actually thought he would ditch me after I saw how he was yesterday. But I'm glad he didn't.

"I hope I didn't make you wait too long", he told me as he reached in front of me and I shook my head.

"So where do you wanna go?", I asked him as we entered the mall together.

"I don't know. I don't really go to malls as much. I don't like it. So you tell me"

"Wait you don't like malls? Then why did you decide this place?"

"Well I thought you'd prefer coming to a mall and I guess I can maybe get used to this place"

Well I had a lot of questions for him. Mainly on why he hated malls? But I decided not to ask anyway.

"Okay I have to go get some shirts so let's do that?", I suggested and he agreed. The two of us took the elevator to the first floor and walked into one of the shops. Turns out Win needed shirts as well for the restaurant attire.

"Why don't you get something for yourself as well. As in, not just for the restaurant uniform. Something casual?", I asked him.

"Broke life", he said blankly and turned to find more shirts. How was he that broke?

"Okay I'll buy you one", I offered, speeding up to him now which made him stop to turn towards me.

"Why?"

"Because I want you to get something for yourself"

"You haven't answered my question from the other day", he told me which got me lost for a while till it clicked me.

"What if I...."

"BRIGHT. VACHIRAWIT. CHIVAREE", I heard a voice yell out, cutting me off from our conversation. Win and I turned to our side where the voice came from and oh boy, I wish I could run away now.

"How is this loser still here? I expected you to be selling yourself to some thirsty men for money after your dad left you with no money"

Ah here we go. I felt tears forming in my eyes at the mention of my 'dad' , but I clenched my fists and took deep breaths to control it. There's no way I'm gonna fall apart in front of these asshole again. It's been way too long. Maybe it just hurts a little bit because the people who were my best friends not even a year ago are now shaming me in public. Just like they did on March 26th. I didn't tell anything back to the man in front of me and decided to turn around and move Win away from this situation as well. Just as I did though, I felt a harsh grip on my wrist, suddenly turning me around.

"Where do you think you're going?", my ex best friend told me with a taunting tone.

"Zee don't make a scene here", I heard Saint tell from behind him. Well atleast he had some decency.

"Well he can't get away with ignoring us can he?", Zee replied to Saint with a smirk and now gripped my jaw. I noticed that other people in the store were now staring at us. This is just horrible.

"Let him go"

"Now who the fuck are you? Oh wait, Bright are you his boy toy? Is he the one paying your bills", Zee said, pointing at Win now. I turned towards Win and noticed how his eyes turned darker with anger and was glaring at Zee.

"I really hope you're paying him well. I'm sure he is living an oh-so miserable life", Zee said again and gripped my jaw again but was immediately flung back from me when Win punched his face which made him fall to the ground.

"Let's go", Win said shaking his hand a bit and then holding my wrist, dragging me to the billing area so that we can pay for our shirts. I noticed Saint had dragged Zee outside because he knew if they made a scene they would be forcefully taken out by the mall security. I didn't expect that side of Win though. He may be taller and looked more stronger than me, but to actually help me out there. I didn't expect that.

"Thank you", I said softly to him just for the two of us to hear.

"Who were they?"
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked the chapter!