fried rice

Bright

Win and I have been getting really close over the past few days which made me feel great. At times I even see him smile even if it's for a split second and makes me feel all sorts of things in my stomach. Being with him all day at the restaurant is the best things ever! But being so close with him now made me notice a lot of other things about him that again brought me back to questioning about Win's life outside the restaurant. I really want to ask him everything but the only thing holding me back was if he would be offended or starts to distance himself from me. That's the last thing I want right now.

Win was the only person other than my mom who genuinely made me happy in the last few months and now spending all that money when we first met and helping him get this job was all worth it. He deserves the world and I would do anything in my power to help him get it. It's almost like I love him. Or do I actually love him? It's not like I have really liked anyone before. I didn't really want to get myself involved in all that back in high school. I was all about making friends and memories with them. I thought I could fall in love later on in life, there's always time for that. That went downhill since I stopped believe in that when my dad left my mom. I couldn't find myself to believe in love. But what is this feeling I have for Win then? Isn't this love? Is this what it finally is?

"Hey", Win greeted me when we had our break for the day after the lunch rush at the restaurant and sat in front of me. I noticed he was becoming a lot more skinnier now but in an unhealthy way.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah why?"

"You seem like you're sick? Or haven't eaten anything in so long?"

"Oh yeah, I had to cut down on some of my meals because my rent has gone up. Don't worry about it"

Don't worry about it?! What was he thinking?

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"Why should I?", he responded with that blank emotionless tone as before. I thought we were close enough to share our issues, but he still has his walls built around him. I wouldn't blame him though. I was like that and I'm sure he doesn't see me the same way as I do.

"I want to help you, you know I would"

"You've already done so much. I don't want to burden you anymore"

"We're friends right?"

"Yeah and that's exactly why I didn't want to tell you"

"Friends help each other. So I'm gonna try and help you, so come with me", I told him and dragged him outside to one of the street food places to get him some fried rice. Weird that we legit left a restaurant to go and eat from somewhere else but I didn't really have the money to buy money from mom's restaurant and Win would not let me give him food for free.

"I'm paying for this", I told him and I knew he was going to protest. "Take it as a gift. Or more like a thank you"

"Why are you thanking me?"

"For coming into my life"
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked the chapter!
Also we hit 1k reads? How 🥺 Thank you so much for the support! It really means a lot!