Chapter 16: Explicit

The room was filled to the brim with piles of crap. Lost treasures, perhaps, that have been forgotten by their masters; discarded furniture of all kinds, all towering to the lofty ceilings above. My eyes darted around, attempting to take it all in- but the room was vast and seemed to go on forever. Limitless items just waiting for someone to use them.

Draco was not interested in the items. He took me by the hand and led me deeper into the warehouse, weaving through the piles of junk like it was nothing new to him.

We stopped at an intersection of winding paths. Draco scanned, like he was looking for something in particular. "You've been here before?" I asked him.

Draco peered around the corner, searching. "Yes. I have a... project of sorts here."

My mind flashed with realization. "So this is where you've been spending your spare time." I looked around again, my eyes landing on objects of brass, silver, and gold. "What is it you are doing?"

Draco's face tightened into a grave expression. "I cannot tell you."

"Why not?" I pressed. "I'm already an accessory to your plans."

"It's for your protection," Draco replied, not willing to argue about this. "If I am caught, you need to be able to have deniability." I began to speak again, but Draco had the final word. "The less you know, the better."

He took my wrist again, leading me deeper into the stacks, and stopping before an alcove of books. Situated in the alcove was a magnificent four-poster bed that was the size of two dorm beds put together. The silvery sheets seemed suspiciously clean, but that may have been thanks to the magical properties of the room. And this spot did seem private enough. Nonetheless, I hesitated.

"Are you quite certain no one will find us here?" I asked with skepticism.

"In order to find the room, you have to have a necessity similar to that of the current occupants," he informed me. "The likelihood of that happening is slim."

Slim, but not zero. I began to say something, but Draco came up behind me to press himself into my back. His arms wrapped around my midsection as he whispered teasingly in my ear, "And is the idea of being seen with me really so horrible?"

My mind spun from the sensation of his low tenor humming down my spine. But my worries were not entirely gone. Quietly, I muttered, "If you knew my friends like I did, you would understand why this must be kept a secret."

His hands roamed across my body, undoing my cloak at the front. "Perhaps they're jealous that you have my favor." As his voice purred into my neck, his hand came down to my skirt, rubbing the spot between my thighs firmly. His touch made me weak in the knees, and all worries from my mind seemed to vanish. I leaned into him, feeling his readiness poking at my backside.

I said through shaky breaths, "I don't suppose there's a rubber in this place."

"I brought one," he rasped.

Oh, thank god. I turned around, my inhibitions lowering completely, surrendering to a smashing kiss. His taste was becoming more familiar but never failed to excite me. The way he moved his mouth with mine- it was better than any food, drink, or remedy. I hungered for him and allowed my lips to become more aggressive than before, accidentally grazing his lower lip with my teeth. I worried that perhaps he would not care for that, but it seemed to please him in an animalistic way.

"Get on the bed," he growled seductively. He was already undoing his layers, shedding his black coat, his fingers making quick work to undo his shirt buttons. I climbed onto the bed. Dim light surrounded the hidden alcove, and I realized that we would be without that shield of darkness that kept us from seeing each other before. I hesitated to remove anything more than my cloak when I laid eyes on his bare forearm and the Mark that lay upon it.