Chapter 26: Malfoy Manor Part V

I awoke slowly. The sunlight that came in from the small crack in the velvet curtains hit my face as I blinked myself to awakeness. It felt like I was in a dream, as I had to reorient myself to where I was; the unfamiliarity of the green wallpaper, the high thread count sheets on my naked body, and the strange arm that was laid across my waist. I blinked again, realizing that the arm was not strange at all, and belonged to Draco, who lay sleeping beside me.

Usually right now I'd be woken up by Penny harping at Greta for dropping something, or Evelyn humming a song she was doing in the Frog Choir. I had to admit, it was much more pleasant waking up in the arms of the man I cared so deeply about instead of my noisy roommates. I adjusted myself to look at Draco. He looked so peaceful when he was deep in slumber, as he had been for the entire night. I had never seen him so vulnerable before. When his eyes were closed, and his shoulders relaxed, he didn't look so intimidating. He looked like a 17 year old boy. An overwhelming sense of emotion came over me all at once. I was so in love with him it almost brought me to tears. But in the back of my mind was the nagging feeling that something was wrong... like I had somewhere to be.

Sunday, I reminded myself. Today's a Sunday... and by the position of the sun, I'm guessing it's around 10 in the morning. I never get to sleep in like this. It's nice, but...

I inhaled sharply, and the moment of peace burst. "Shit," I hissed. I threw Draco's arm off of me, causing him to awaken with a start. I located my underwear on the floor and started dressing myself with urgency.

"What?" Draco sleepily brought a hand to his face. He sat up in the bed, the sheets sliding off of his torso and covering the lower half of him that was still bare.

"Hogwarts," was all I said as I hunted for more clothes.

Draco checked a clock on his nightstand and also swore. Surprisingly, he didn't leave the bed- instead, he slumped back down into the sheets.

"Get up," I commanded. "You're supposed to take me back, aren't you?" Draco didn't respond, and only closed his eyes again. "Right?" I said with an edge to my voice, standing over his bed in my knickers.

"We've missed the train," he muttered. By his defeated tone I could tell that was how he was planning on getting us back. Now it was hopeless, and he was now resigned to staying in bed. "I haven't slept like that in... ages," he said, the growl of morning deepening his voice.

"Same here," I admitted. "But come on. We have to leave. You can apparate, right?"

Draco tossed his arm over his eyes to shield himself from the daylight. "You can't apparate into Hogwarts. The only way to get close is the damned train."

I huffed a sigh of exasperation. "B-but you promised-"

"I know," He interrupted. "But it seems like we'll be stuck here another day."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I can't stay here another day. I can't be in the same house as that-" The Dark Lord's venomous face flashed through my mind like a glimpse of a nightmare- "that thing."

Draco retained his relaxed disposition, slowly sliding his arm down below the covers and gazing at me with a soft expression. His eyes flicked from my panties up to my chest, finally landing on my flustered face, which made him smirk lazily. "Can't you just enjoy the morning? Come back to bed."

I scoffed, shaking my head. "I can't be here, Draco. Last night- last night was... enjoyable." Draco smiled slightly. Smugly. "But I can't interact with those people again. What if I slip up, say something-"

"We don't have to stay here."

I frowned. "I thought you said-"

"We can't go back to Hogwarts today," he clarified, running a hand through his blonde locks, "But we don't have to remain inside the Manor."