Chapter 28: Malfoy Manor Part VII

I slipped in and out of trepid consciousness, catching only snippets of conversation as my body was levitated into the Manor.

"What is wrong with her-"

"I don't- I don't know-"

"She dropped like a bag of flour, she did."

I felt the smoothness of a wooden table beneath me as the flustered conversations of Malachi, Bellatrix and Draco swirled around me like a noisy television show. I wanted to chime in, give them orders as to how to treat me- but my body felt painfully leaden, and my vision was a blur. I couldn't focus enough to even hypothesize what my issue was.

I was bleeding. But it wasn't a kind of menstruation bleed- it was a dark, heavy, sudden bleed. And I was still losing blood. I could feel it pooling around my thighs.

"She's going to ruin the carpet-" I heard Bellatrix complain.

"Who gives a damn about the bloody carpet?" Draco snapped.

I couldn't concentrate thanks to everyone's arguing. If I were in charge, I would have ordered everyone out, or told them to be quiet. Thankfully, Malachi remained calm, taking control of the situation.

"Draco, get Narcissa," I heard Malachi order, "And Bellatrix, shut up. You aren't helping." Malachi cast a cleaning spell over me, but it didn't stop the blood. "The blood thickening charm..." Malachi grumbled to himself. "What was the goddamn blood thickening charm?"

"Densissima," I croaked, but it was much too quiet. I forced the blood-thickening spell out once more, louder. "Densissima." I could feel the stream of blood still coursing between my legs.

Malachi performed the spell I gave him, and I felt the pain in my lower abdomen subside. My breathing returned to normal. I slowly began to regain my strength, but I still felt weak. Malachi performed an additional tergeo spell to clean up the rest of the blood.

"Erica," Malachi said to me, "Are you alright?"

My eyes fluttered open. My uncle was peering over me, his eyebrows arched in concern. I groaned as he helped ease me into a sitting position. I noticed Bellatrix observing from a dining chair, her arms crossed, looking amused.

"Thank you," I rasped to Malachi, still shaken by the event and feeling woozy. "...How were you able to get to me so quickly?"

Malachi looked nervous. "Ah... forgive me, but... I was watching you and Draco all day. I wanted to make sure you were safe."

"Quite a doting father, isn't he?" Bellatrix sneered.

"What's your excuse?" Malachi turned to Bellatrix. "Don't think I didn't see you also following them."

Bellatrix shrugged nonchalantly. "My excuse is boredom, Sloany. And I must admit, I find it rather entertaining to see your daughter and my nephew doing unspeakable things in the courtyard." She snickered. "Young love is quite shameless, don't you think? Reminds me of Rosario and I, when we were their age-"

"Shut it," Malachi hissed.

"You two were spying on us?" I said incredulously, and not with nearly as much anger as I wanted.

"No-"

"Yes," Bellatrix said in a sing-song voice. "We were."

Malachi became angrier at Bellatrix. "We weren't spying together, it was completely separate spying-"

I heard the clacking of heels along the tile floor. Narcissa had entered the room.

"What happened?" She demanded, her doe-like eyes flicking between Malachi, Bellatrix and I. I was still sitting upon their dining room table, looking and feeling humiliated.