Chapter 5: bath

Until the light goes out

Chapter 5

bath

Tiny giggles escaped the air as Yomi ran away from Raya on all fours. She was definitely faster then her sister. It also helped that she was completely hidden in the grass. The golden fields of wheat in the glade where their home was surrounded there small hut. It had been built for the twins when they grew old enough to take care of themselves. They would more often than not take Yomi there simply because they loved to care for her. However...

"Yomi! Get your butt back here and get into the bath. If Tyla comes home and sees that you haven't had one she'll be angry...again." Yomi whimpered and ran back up to Raya. Tyla was scary when she was angry. Raya picked the toddler monkey up and put her into a very small bin of water. Pouring water over the toddlers head and starting to hum. Raya was the more gentle of the sisters. She had a job not too far off in a flower shop. Occupying her time making arranged flowers, and Bouquet for all sorts of occasions. She loved it there, she even secretly loved the owner's son. They had known one another for quite some time, but he was afraid of Tyla. She never hurt him, but she did have that air of superiority.

"I'm a fish." Yomi disappeared under the soap suds. Raya giggled watching the little monkey tail bob in the water as she swam around in circles in the bin.

"Alright you, let's get you cleaned." Raya pulled on Yomi's tail softly. Yomi popped out of the water and giggled. Yomi started to scrub her hair and pour more water onto her head before lifting her back out and put her on a towel and pulled another much larger towel around herself. The young monkey ran back into the house. Raya pushed the bin of water over and set it against the side of the house. She'd need it for laundry later.

"So...this is Wukongs hiding spot?" Raya turned around to see another monkey standing there. His hands in his pockets as he walked toward her.

"Being your pardon sir, but may I ask who you are?" She asked unfastening her sleeves. Putting the clasps down beside the bin.

He chuckled looking down at the woman and crossed his arms. Males seem to have superiority complexes.

"I'm Macaque, six eared Macaque." He watched as a young monkey peaked out of the door. She had pulled on a nightgown and robe. She made the cutest little whimper noise.

"Raya...I can't reach my slippers." Oh yes thats right she had put them up so they could dry off. Someone had forgotten them outside before it rained.

"Isn't that cute! Wukong had a whole brood." He laughed looking down at the child and then up at the other. "Did he teach you to fight as well?"

"He has taught me no such thing. I have no interest in it, I just want to arrange flowers and take care of Yomi. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to put her to bed." Raya turned around. Her jacket was pulled on and she was slammed against the ground. Yomi gasped and looked up at the darker monkey and recoiled as he reached down for her. Macaque's scream of pain echoed throughout the glade. He looked at the puncture wounds on his hands. Yomi's tiny teeth were razer sharp.

"You little beast!" he went to chase Yomi. Raya grabbed him by the middle

"Please stop! She's just scared!" Macaque elbowed her back and grabbed her by the hair.

"Lets get this straight. I am not nice! Plus I have a score to settle with Wukong, and his little apprentice. What better way then to send a message. Come find me...or else." He chuckled looking around at the house. Pointed at it, a bolt of black and purple shot out and slammed into it. It exploded into pieces. Raya glared up at him, Macaque chuckled and smiled down at her.

"Think about it sweety...I just freed up hours of your life. Getting rid of that runt." He laughed, throwing Raya onto his shoulder and walked off into the woods.