Chapter 4: New

Not Dark Enough

Chapter 4

New

Needless to say upon showing up Wukong caused a scene resulting in the offender being expelled, and the teacher was fired for allowing it to happen after several students told them that the teacher gave her the idea to put mud down her shirt in the first place. No one was allowed outside to play so no one should have had mud in the first place. It was much too wet, and much too muddy to be outside. Which meant there would be a new teacher. This idea scared Yomi.

"What if she's like the other one?" Yomi held Tyla's hand as she walked her to the school. This was the reason why Tyla was taking Yomi to school today rather than Raya. Tyla wanted to see this new teacher for herself. She walked Yomi to the courtyard with the other parents. The parents bowed respectfully to them.

"Yeah now they show respect. Stupid humans..." Tyla growled hugging Yomi closer to herself as they waited. A white car pulled up to the curb and a woman with honey colored hair stepped out. She looked a little familiar to her. She wasn't human like the people around them. Actually she was mostly...was that...a bear?

The heavy set woman with a brown face and bear type ears, wore a dress and a long coat. Her hair was put into a thin bun on top of her head.

"Good morning children." She said in a sing-song voice. Her honey colored hair blew in the wind as she did. "I am Ms. Holly. I'll be your new teacher." She had a nice smile considering the many sharp teeth. Somehow she seemed more cheerful than you would think of. Yomi found herself liking this new teacher. She felt softer, warmer at her presence. She hoped she didn't regret that feeling.

Tyla watched the new teacher start to usher in the students. Yomi let go of her hand and looked up at her.

"Alright you be good and I'll see you after you get home. Raya will be picking you up since I have a shift." She leaned down kissing her cheek.

"Ms. Sun?" Tyla looked up, did she just get called Ms. Sun? How odd...

"I'm aware of who you are, and I am also aware of what happened previously. I was...acquired because of it. I am well known by your father and I'll be keeping an eye on Little Miss Sun." The new teacher looked down at Yomi holding out her hand. Yomi looked at Tyla who held her head higher.

"Make no mistake...if something were to happen to my sister..."

"Oh I know...Wukong warned me. She has a sister that will bring down heaven and earth to get her back." the bear smiled almost angrily. "You'll have to get in line." She told Tyla who laughed as she left.

Yomi looked up at the bear woman as they went into the school.

"Alright class...take out your work books." She wrote a number down on the board and they started to count and add numbers together.

Raya walked back into the school yard and smiled as she spotted Yomi and the other students playing a game as they waited for the parents to arrive. She ran her fingers through her hair as she braided it. It was pretty windy and she hated that her hair kept going into her face. Even then her hair trailed her tail.

"Ah good afternoon. I'm sorry I didn't see you this morning. Which child?"

"Sun Yomi. I'm her sister. I believe you meant our eldest sister this morning." The teacher nodded and motioned for Yomi to stand and come over. It looked as if the students were a bit more managed then the last few times she had been there. It seemed...odd.

"Did you have fun today? Better than the other days?" Raya asked. Yomi nodded and waved as she left. Yomi seemed rather excited about going back to school the next day. That was good. Raya was glad she was finally starting to fit in.