Chapter 3: Heart

Not Meant For Me

Chapter 3

Heart

He felt bad, he felt really really bad. How did he not notice that she could pick up the staff? She was definitely smarter then he gave her credit for. Raya had called him back to tell him that Tyla hadn't made it back home. Oh gods he wanted to kick himself.

He felt someone grab the cloth around his leg. At first he was going to shove it away, he wasn't in the mood. But when he saw the golden orbs that were Yomi's eyes looking out of the waterfall at the falling snow. He knew she was just as worried as he was. Yet no matter how much he worried, he knew he couldn't do much with Yomi there. She was younger and his main priority. Tyla was so much older then she was. Besides if Tyla came back and found out that Yomi hadn't been fed she would split his lip. She would regret it...but it wouldn't stop her from doing it.

Yomi felt herself being picked up and deposited on his shoulder.

"No luck?" MK asked, putting a bowl of rice on the table. There was a bit of chicken, and a salad to go with it.

(0)

Tyla had figured her father wanted nothing to do with her since she was a little girl. She was just so much more different from her sister. She wanted nothing to do with flower arrangements, she wasn't too much into romance, even when males tried to put moves on her she wanted nothing to do with them. Actually it was very hard for her to have friends. When she first picked up the staff she was about 9 years. No one was around and nothing else happened. That was fine. She didn't want anything to do with it, nor the responsibility behind it. I think that angered that gods because she had been approached by several of them in the past. Keeping it secret from her father.

Tyla sighed as she curled up in the nest of leaves, grass, and moss she had made to keep warm. These thoughts were old to her, she's had them on her mind since then. What would Wukong have done if he had found out that she could pick up the staff. Would he have loved her more, would he have hugged her. Been relieved, happy, prideful? He was after all...Wukong.

But no, to Tyla she was just an embarrassment that would occasionally show up and annoy him. This was for the best, her leaving them, and never coming back. She wouldn't be missed, she was just Tyla. Sun Tyla was a myth.

(0)

"Wukong?" The Monkey King sat up from his bed and looked around. Yomi rolled off his chest and just curled back up and fell back asleep. She slept like a baby and hardly ever woke up. There was a soft giggle and Wukong looked up into the soft face of the Goddess of Mercy Guanyin.

"Goddess. What brings you here this cold evening?" He asked placing his blanket onto his sleeping daughter.

"It would seem your eldest is questioning her worth. She sleeps in a cave not too far away. I'm afraid that if she stays, she'll freeze." Guanyin told him.

"And thats my problem how?" Wukong almost laid back in bed only to hear a soft growl. That was unusual. Yomi never growled at him. Moreover she hardly ever woke up in the night. Well unless she was worried.

"She misses you. All you have to tell her is that she's loved and you didn't mean to say what you did. You are her father after all."

"Pfft...yeah, she's without a mother."

"With or without m..." She stood up straight and turned to look at the waterfall where she had come in at. "She's being attacked."

"She can take care of herself." Wukong waved at the entrance.

"Wukong if you do not go to her aid she will be destroyed." The cave shook and shivered under the weight of the attack.

"Come out come out!" He knew that voice.

"Macaque..."