Chapter 11: Venom

Authors Notes: I still feel bad with tonsillitis, but I'm stuck in bed so I figured I'd at least write this.

Until the light goes out

Chapter 11

Venom

Wukong walked through the new apartment and spotted Tyla standing in Yomi's doorway. He knew what had happened to them weighed heavily upon her. She pulled the blanket higher up on the tiny monkeys shoulders. Yomi curled in tighter and mumbled about strawberry mochi. Wukong saw it. A very small smile, he himself couldn't help but smile as well.

"Tyla?"

"I thought he had killed her. I was so ready to hunt down that slimeball and end his existence entirely or die trying. I was willing to join them in the end." She took a deep breath. "But I knew it wouldn't fix anything." She looked up at Wukong and shook her head. She didn't know where she was going with this. But she knew the look on her dad's face was pained.

"Tyla, I don't want to lose any of you." Wukong walked her up to the roof. Perhaps some fresh air would do her good. It smelled like a mix of paint, dust, and Ramen up in the attic. Tyla sat down on a picnic table that was placed up there. He wasn't totally sure why, none of them ever used it. Maybe it was just there because it can. Wukong chuckled to himself as he sat down on top of it.

"That's not how you sit on a table." Tyla mocked. Wukong had told her many times as she and her sister grew up. She often heard it...a lot. It caused him to laugh and sit down properly.

"Yes, mom." He said mockingly back. Similarly the way he once did.

"I don't...want you going to look for him." Tyla was slightly surprised. Her dad, not wanting her to fight. Isn't that why she was taught.

"Dad I want to find him, I want it to be safe for them to go home again."

"Home is gone Tyla. He destroyed it. We can't build in the glade again. We're set up here and..."

"No dad, I can't just leave it like this, he hurt them." Tyla stood up and threw her arms in the air. Actually Wukong expected her to act like this. She was just as headstrong, and egotistical as he was.

"Tyla please, respect my wishes." Wukong tried once more. Tyla sighed and shook her head.

"Whatever dad. I figured you'd be the one to g..." Tyla felt the pop. Her fingers went to her arm. Just above her elbow, and right below her work uniform sleeve was a dart. A dark purple fuzzy tip. She snatched it from her arm and looked at it.

"What is..." She stumbled into the picnic table. She looked up and around the rooftops. She spotted Macaque a few roofs over. He had the dart gun in his hand. Lightly tossing it up and catching it.

"If you and that little brat will meet me face to face and beat me...I'll give you the antidote." He jumped down the side of the building disappearing into the shadows.

"Tyla?" Wukong looked at her arm. The small dot was purple, and the skin around it. "We need to get you to Tang..."