Chapter 7: Holiday

Authors Notes: Sorry this chapters a little smaller, I split this one into two because it would have been way long lol. I'll update again tomorrow.

Not Dark Enough

Chapter 7

Holiday

Yomi had been going to school without a fuss, and nothing seemed to be wrong at all. Actually everything seemed...at ease. She was making good grades, her writing improved, and she even learned to subtract. Everything was great. Well except the occasional temper tantrum. Tyla questioned Wukong about it, and apparently Yomi was at the age of 'me' and that was bad for them. Normally that meant they'd go through a store and Yomi would throw a tantrum. Tyla wasn't the 'well give it to her' she ignored it and kept going. But Raya wasn't as strong, she would normally get embarrassed and leave the store completely. All in all, Yomi never got it.

But it was closer to the holidays and Tyla had been keeping a tally on the things Yomi wanted the most. So one night as Wukong hung out around the apartment Tyla wento and purchased a few of them with the tip money she had been saving up. Hiding the presents within the temple. Wukong looked up from telling Yomi a few...embarrassing stories about their childhood to MK and Tang. Yomi, just didn't want to go to sleep.

"Yomi, you were supposed to be asleep an hour ago." Yomi growled and threw the blanket over her head. Tyla was starting to get ticked off, this sour temper of Yomi's was starting to grind her gears.

"Sun Yomi! Go stand in the corner! Or I'll paddle your little bum." Of course she never would, it was the fear factor of it. Yomi sat up and hissed at her. That was going too far, and Yomi realized it too late. Yomi found her scruff being yanked clear from the bed and her father stood there inches from her face. Even though it was Tyla who gave the order, it was her doing his will and he was still King.

"Corner...now." He put her down and watched her whimper and go stand in the corner. Her fingers wrapped around her tail.

"Thats so unusual for her to be so defiant." Tang said picking up his bowl and putting it into the sink. Beginning to wash them, since he was the guest Raya took over.

"Yes it is, I'm afraid she might have learned some horrible things from school." Raya looked at her father placing the bowl on the rack.

"Perhaps we should rethink her going to school." Tyla said. Yomi turned around and shook her head.

"You can't! I...I have friends there, and Ms. Holly!" She cried out and backed away from them.

"If your sisters are sure that you shouldn't be going Yomi then maybe its for the best." MK handed his own bowl to Raya. Yomi growled and her eyes began to glow silver.

"I will not be treated this way! I am a Queen!" The voice changed completely. Yomi ran out the door and into the snow.

"Oh no...it's snowing hard." Tyla grabbed her jacket and ran after Yomi. Once outside it was like she was nowhere to be seen.

"She couldn't have just vanished...come on. Fan out, we need to find her." Wukong said, taking his cloud. MK and Tang went one way and Raya and Tyla went the other. They had to find Yomi, or she would freeze to death.