Chapter 12: Blossoms

Until the lights go out

Chapter 12

Blossoms

"I'm fine!" Tyla yelled out, having been picked up by Wukong. She didn't feel too bad really. Tired perhaps, but nothing else. The initial prick of the dart hurt, and she did have some dizziness for a moment there, but that was it.

"What do you mean poisoned?" Tang asked as they ran toward his library. Tang pushed open the doors. The room was as big as his house was vast. He had a regular looking small apartment, but the rest of his house was full of books, and it looked as big as a mall. Scrolls, parchments, books, tablets, even scribes on slabs of rock scour the whole room.

"Whoa..." She looked up at her father as he looked down at her.

"I told you he was the smartest man I've ever known." She looked up at Tang as he adjusted the glasses.

"Oh...probably not, but i have lived for centuries. I had lots of time to collect these." He motioned behind him.

"Yes and I bet you've read all of them too." Wukong said, setting his daughter down on one of the chairs. Tang pulled something from his tunic and shined it in her eyes.

"Mmmhmm...your blood flow has slowed down significantly." He motioned to her mouth and she opened it for him.

"I see..."

"You see?"

"Food in your teeth. You haven't brushed." Tang wiggled his finger at her. Tyla laughed.

"I wasn't given the chance. I had only just put Yomi in bed." She shoved his finger away. She watched Tang smile at the emotion.

"Well at least she's still able to act. It means whatever hit her hasn't got to her heart yet. But if this is any indication..." He lifted her arm. The purple dot had gotten bigger. "If it gets to her chest Wukong...she'll more than likely slip into a coma...and die." Tang told Wukong. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth.

"We have but one choice then...we need the antidote."

"But dad...he said the only way he'll give it to you, is if you win. He aims to kill MK." Tyla grabbed her fathers hand and looked him in the eyes. He could see the fear.

"Tyla, please." Wukong pulled her close. "MK wouldn't want to lose you either." He kissed the top of her head and looked up at Tang.

"Take care of her for me." Wukong placed her in Tangs arms. He was stronger then he let on. Actually Tyla normally viewed Tang as useless on the battlefield. Even though she was told he had war experience. All she ever saw him do was read, and eat noodles. She looked up at him as he pulled her closer, walking her toward a room in the back. She found herself blushing at the contact. No one but her father held her this way. Not even Raya. She wasn't to sure she disliked it either. He lay her down in the bed and pulled over a few things.

"Over the years I've accumulated devices that will help if needed. Including some machines to help out if someone needed medical help. He ripped something open and held it up. Tyla gasped, pulling her arm away.

"Its just an IV Tyla, nothing to be wor..."

"Oh hell no, I am not having a needle in me, I'll bite your hand off." She proclaimed. Okay this was going to be harder then Tang had thought, he adjusted his glasses.

"Now see here Tyla...Please let me see your arm." He smiled.

"What do I look like...a child?"

"Yes." Tyla arched a brow at him and looked away. Welp...there went that warm and fuzzy feeling. "Our best bet is to dilute the poison. It'll loose its desired effect and hopefully not do what it's designed to do."

"Fine..." Tyla held out her arm for him. She gasped screwing her eyes closed.

"There...all done." Tyla looked at the IV, and then at him.

"Really! That didn't hurt at all. Raya's a baby..." Raya having had an IV in her arm after having an arrow in her back.

"Everyone takes pain differently Tyla. You are accustomed to it. Your sister not so much. Neither of them for that matter." Tang patted her hand and walked toward a fridge and pulled out some bottled water.

"Here..." He held it out to her. She took it and sighed putting it onto her forehead. Tang narrowed his eyes and placed something onto her forehead. It beeped and he looked at it. "Fever...I'll get some ice."