Chapter 15: Monster

Authors Notes: this isn't the ending. Its the beginning. I'll continue with part 2. If anyone would like to draw a cover art for this one/or the next I'd be much appreciative.

Please read and review

~

Until the light goes out

Chapter 15

Monster

MK rolled to a stop on the cliff face. Wukong was angry, MK could see the fight of power above them. Every breath he took was an effort. He could see the energy waves spread out over the mass of the skies. He could hear the staff hitting its mark each time. Macaque was an incredibly powerful foe.

He went crashing through the plateau, actually several, and then stood back up ready for more. This was...

MK saw it for a moment, he slowly got up off the ground and held his chest. He felt the rush of lightheadedness. He stumbled and groaned, falling to his knees. He fell to his side again. His eyes fluttered open as he watched someone pick up the vial from the ground.

"No...give it back...Tyla..." He felt someone pick him up. Whispering in his ear.

"I gotcha kid." Amazing to him Wukong was a lot softer than he thought. He expected muscle, but there was of course the fur. MK could feel the air around them speed up. They were on the cloud.

"Where's Macaque?"

"I didn't kill him, that would be bad in the eyes of Buddah." That was true. MK could feel Wukongs hands tighten around him. "MK...stay with me bud. We're almost there, I know it hurts. It's going to be a little hard to breathe, but you're alright now." MK felt the wind blowing through his hair. It was a bit cold, and the fact that they were shocked from the rain made his cheeks even colder. It was rather nice to feel it.

"When will I learn to ride the cloud?" MK asked lightly. Wukong chuckled and leaned in seeing MKs cheeks a solid red color.

"Ah you'll have to get the boots first. Normally I wear them, so..." oh yeah, the boots...he'd have to...his eyes began to close on their own. "Bud...hey...?" He shook MK. He felt MK curl in tighter. He was exhausted, that's what it was. Wukong sighed as he lowered the cloud toward Tangs.

Wukong didn't even wait for Tang to open the door. He barged right in and into the hallway.

"Tang!" He called out. Walking through the hallways and into the medical room. He saw Raya in the corner holding Yomi to her. He placed MK down next to her. He lay against the middle child breathing softly.

" Do you have the antidote? I don't know if it'll work now, but...we can try." Tang said looking around at Tyla. The only thing that wasn't purple on her now was her hand. Wukong gave him the small vial into which Tang pushed it into the IV.

MK slowly sat up and looked around the room. Tang was asleep in the chair next to the bed. His legs propped up, and slight snoring coming from him. Wukongs tail lightly wrapped around Yomi as she curled into his chest. A rare sleep opportunity and she took it. She rarely slept with her dad. Raya...MK slowly looked up to see her sleeping right next to him, and his head rested against her shoulder. He didn't mind, Wukong placed him there, so it wasn't...bad...right? Okay he felt uncomfortable so close to her. He slowly pushed himself away from her.

"It's okay." He heard the very soft voice tell him. He looked around the room for a moment spotting the golden eyes looking at him. "We see you as a brother, it's not romantic in the least bit. It's just warmer." MK remembered that when they had first met months ago. It had been the ending of winter then. Now it was the beginning of winter again. MK looked up at Tyla who seemed so tired and weak to him. She would be that way for a little while.

Warm...Warm would be a good thing. He pushed Raya for a moment. She opened her eyes to see MK slowly stand up and make his way over to Tyla and sit down on the bed and then scoot himself against the wall and curl around her so not to be near the IV. Tyla giggled and then felt the bed bow a bit more as Raya got in with them. They heard a little chitter as Yomi climbed up onto the bed and lay down on Tyla's chest. She even felt Wukong crawl in too.

"Its going to be a warm winter." Tyla whispered.

~Creak~

~Crack!~

~Bang~

The bed splintered and broke under their added weight.

"What the...Monkey!" Tang yelled.

The Beginning