Part 3: Not Meant for Me

Not Meant for Me

Chapter 1

Surprise

Snow fell around them as they walked. Tyla promised to walk Raya to the flower shop. Jin, the shop owner's son noticed how much their attitude changed after what had happened. Raya's tail was held low, and she only gave short answers. Even a flower crown dropped on her head wasn't working to make her smile.

It was much too quiet, no low giggling, no chittering, no helping wash the dishes. Even Pigsy had begun to miss the little monkey. He sighed and looked up at Tyla who stared into the pot of noodles. Luckily she hadn't burned any, but the way she looked at the noodles she'd rather be them then herself.

MK looked up from his bowl of noodles and at Tyla who shook her head again.

"Alright thats it, you need to go talk to your dad." MK said, putting his empty bowl of noodles in the sink and pointed to Tyla.

"That's easier said than done. Changing Wukongs mind is as hard as metal." Tang looked up from eating his noodles in front of the small stove. He hated the cold so much, but he did like his noodles.

"I see...then you haven't tried...puppy dog eyes." Mei giggled, only to look away from the forlorn looking Tyla who turned off the stove and pulled off the apron.

"I'm not off till tomorrow..." She told them before taking up the broom and then started to sweep the floor.

"Why would Wukong do such a thing though?" Tang asked, Tyla shook her head and sighed.

"You don't think that spider got hold of him do you?" MK asked looking around at the others. They all turned to look at him. MK shrugged and pointed toward the door. Just as soon as the door opened causing MK's explanation to get caught in his throat. Red Son stood there panting next to the heater.

"You gotta help me. It's bad, it's the worst. I have no idea what to do." Tyla looked slightly baffled not only at Red Son's behavior, but also what he was wearing. The guy never got cold, so what was up with the tick jacket, and standing in front of the heater.

"Red...you okay kid?" Pigsy slowly walked toward him. He took a step back and looked at Tyla. "Uh you got...more experience with this then me."

Tyla slowly walked over to Red Son and leaned over placing one hand on his shoulder to at least tell him she was there while she looked. At first she thought he might be injured. It would have been wiser for Tang to handle this. Why would Tyla be a better ch...curled up to Red Son's chest was a very tiny bundle which was Red Son's original jacket. The small tuft of black hair could be seen under a small purple hat with the Demon Bull Kings symbol on it.

"Red...is that a...baby?" Tyla asked looking up into the bright red eyes. A soft blush came to his cheek.

"Well yeah, I mean what did anyone expect to happen once father and mother were reunited after such a long time. Of course they would have more." He placed the baby down on the table and cleared his throat. "This is my little sister. Lian...but I've been asked to look after her while mom recovers and I have no idea what I'm doing. I've never cared for a child before and well you have."

"Oh...oh..."