Chapter 6: Barrier

Not Meant for Me

Chapter 6

Barrier

Tyla could hear Tang talking, his voice was very soothing, but not the voice she wanted to hear. There was a barrier in her mind that just wouldn't allow her to walk through it, but she sat there within her mind and heard everything he said. Sometimes she felt Her sisters tiny fingers around her hand. Tang never shooed her away, he was a very nice man. Very patient, and honestly...annoyingly smart. He would almost be cute if it weren't for that.

She knew it was night outside, she could hear the crickets and Yomi lay along her leg. Her back hurt like hell, and so did her chest. She couldn't remember why, just what happened?

"You know he's scared right?" Tyla heard a voice in her head. Just who was this woman? She was just beyond the barrier, Tyla lay against the wall and sighed.

"Lady I have no idea who you are."

"I am the goddess of mercy." Ah okay that made sense.

"Ah yes, the goddess of mercy, so you stuffed me in here huh?" Tyla asked, feeling a hand inclose around hers. She looked at her hand glowing a soft gold.

"He loves you, you know. He's waiting out there for you. You however...put up these barriers and refuse to leave." Guanyin's voice echoed within the room. But then again Tyla figured it echoed out there too. She wasn't sure if that were true, but her mind said it probably would.

"Why should I leave? Its not like I have anyone waiting out there for me." Tyla growled and plopped back down on the ground.

"Stubborn." At first Tyla thought it was the goddess who said this. But it was someone outside the mind.

"Remind you of someone?" Tang asked, looking up at Wukong. He scoffed and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I wish she did have a mother. This would have been so much easier. Doing this alone is...hard."

"Alone? Since when? You're not the only one here that's afraid she won't wake up."

"You aren't her father." Okay that stung, but it was true. Tang stood up and got in Monkeys face.

"No I'm not, but I'm your brother, me, Pigsy, Sandy, Mei." We're all your siblings and you can't just push us away like you did before. We're here to help you Monkey." Tang told him. Wukong sighed and shook his head.

"You can't fight demons, Tang." Wukong ran his fingers through his hair, pulling his crown down and sighed.

"No I can't, I'm no fighter. But you know just as well as I do that I would give my life for her, just the same as any of the others within this temple." Tang cleared his throat, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah, but you don't have to, and neither do these wolves. This is my job..." He walked by MK and plucked the staff from his fingers and walked out of the cave mouth and looked back at MK.

"Its up to you now." He hopped onto the cloud, and disappeared into the night.

"What!?" MK found that his legs wouldn't carry him out of the waterfall. He felt a hand in his. He turned expecting it to have been Tang. Actually, Tang was still a little ways away from him. He looked down at Tyla, her eyes were half open looking up at him. MK didn't know what to say to her. Her dad just left.