Chapter 5: Long Here After

Not meant for me

Chapter 5

Long here after

He had never seen her this pale before. She naturally had golden skin like he did. He watched Tang tip the small metal teapot spout into her mouth again. Talking softly to her as if she could hear him. He had hoped that she would have reversed course after eating the immortality peach. Tang had told him, 'it is almost like she doesn't want to wake up yet.' as if something was keeping her asleep.

Raya had watched from the temple. Getting in her father's or Tangs way might cause problems so she stayed there. Having called Jin to tell him that she wouldn't be coming to work for a little while. When he asked why, she didn't lie. Raya wasn't too sure her father noticed that Jin was within the temple His arm around her as they both watched Tang and Wukong taking care of her weakened sister. This was a major blow.

Yomi sat in her dad's arms. She wasn't sure who needed a cuddle more. Her or her dad. His fingers absentmindedly running along her back. MK leaned against him watching as well. The staff placed between them. Yomi had watched Tyla pick it up, and dropped it. Why? She could have been her fathers heir, but she...

"Yomi?" MK asked. Yomi looked up at him. "You okay? You were breathing fast."

"Scared..." She was, just what else was Tyla hiding from them? Would she wake up?

"Here..." Tang held up the bowl of mushed up peaches. Yomi jumped up and ran over to take the bowl. Tang didn't like the idea of using this method, but it seemed to have helped the wound close. He motioned for Wukong to help. "Lets change her bandages." Wukong helped her up. The mark across her chest was a sore reminder that she was horribly injured when he should have been helping her. He looked up at Tang as he kept unwrapping the bandages.

"Blaming yourself isn't going to fix anything, and especially right now when Macaque is out there right now. We both know he's planning something. He's going to try to kill the other two. Maybe you should go after him.

They both heard a wolf howl close by. Wukong looked over his shoulder at the middle child running through and out of the waterfall.

"Dad!" Raya called out. Wukong walked out of the waterfall at the entire wolf clan standing there. The leader, Jin's father Ru Koji stood there in front of hundreds of wolves.

"Macaque has been spotted along the ridge." Ru told him. Di, his wife was more wolf than human and stood just behind him. Jin's two brothers stood not too far off looking down the other side of the waterfall.

"Hel said he's not alone, he's got someone with him." A female wolf jumped up and nuzzled him as she went by.

"Why are you all here?" Raya cleared her throat and pointed to her boyfriend.

"Jin's the uh...heir to the wolf clan. He wanted to help, especially since he uh. Asked me to marry him, and I said...yes." Wukong's tail poofed as he looked at the wolf and then walked back into the temple.

"Wolf clan owns a flower shop..." He said to no one in particular.

"We don't just own a flower shop, we grow herbs for cooking, and medical purposes." Jin followed.

"He has a lot of them, Monkey. He's been bringing Tyla teas to help with the pain. Willow I think he said." Wukong's tail unpuffed and he looked around at Jin. He couldn't say no to this. They've known one another for quite some time. He looked down at Tang and then Tyla.

"Fine...under one condition." Jin stood at attention.

"Anything." Jin smiled almost as much as a happy puppy.

"Any children you two have...is well guarded."

"I mean dad...have you seen how many wolves there are?"

"Numbers mean nothing. Your offspring will be my heir as well. Your sister doesn't care for the idea of love." Well that was true.