Chapter 8: Learning through Fear

Until the lights go out

Chapter 8

Learning through Fear

Wukong watched the way his kids walked. They all couldn't fit into MK's cart, and his cloud couldn't carry all of them either. So they walked, MK drove ahead scouting the area, because even MK could see how scared they were. Tyla refused to let Yomi go, and her tail held onto Raya's. They walked just ahead of him. His ears intuned on the forest around them. At least until they got into the city. Even though the city slept there were still things around them that could harm.

MK parked his cart not too far off in its usual parking. Picking up the bowls that Tyla had used to get the noodles. He walked into the restaurant. Pigsy looked up wondering just how would be coming into his restaurant after closing.

"Ah kid, thought you were going to be staying the night th...what are they doing here?" Pigsy wiped his hands off on his apron. Soapy water from the sink dripping all over the floor.

"Macaque attacked them. Their house is gone." Pigsy walked over spotting Wukong by the door. He gave him an almost reassuring smile.

"They okay?"

"The youngest was injured." Wukong told him walking up to Tyla who cradled Yomi close to her. She still wore MKs jacket.

"Injured?" Tang asked from the bar area putting down his book. If anything even though he did like his noodles. He was well learned and might just know how to take care of injuries. Tang reached over and lightly pulled MKs jacket away from her body to see her better.

"Did you just give her your clothing MK?"

"Ah no, she dove into the dirty laundry while we were rescuing Raya." Pigsy chuckled and shook his head pulling the first aid kit from the wall.

"Well at least she's alright, she doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain. Just a lot of scraps, and bruising." He set the box down for Tang to go through. Yomi curled into a little ball as Tang picked her up and set her down on a table.

"It's alright Yomi, he's an old friend." Wukong told her, letting her take his finger.

"He's not going to hurt me?" Yomi's tiny voice asked. Tang chuckled as he leaned in and brought up her leg. It was just as thin as his wrist.

"I won't make any promises. There might be some medications I put on your wounds that will make them sting. But it won't last forever." He told her. "But it doesn't look like you are wounded to the point of needing stitches. He looked around at Raya.

"What about you? Are you injured?"

"Just some rope burn on my wrist, and the cut over my eye." Raya told him. Tang turned and fixed his glasses so he could see over her eye.

"Ah yes, that might need some glue."

"He knocked me around a little." Raya turned to look at Tyla who stood leaning against the door. She looked rather pissed off, but tired. "Tyla?" The anger turned to a pained look. "We're alright." Raya attempted to reassure her sister.

"I should have been there!" Tyla growled, her tail visibly bristled.

"Calm yourself, we are safe here. Fathers here and so is MK. You don't have to run off to save us Tyla. You have bested him." Raya ran her fingers over Tyla's hair. It was far more wild than her own hair.

"He'll be back though. Which is why we decided to relocate you three." MK said as he looked down at Yomi who was chewing on a small piece of Mochi given to her by Pigsy. He was a sucker for kids that young.

"It won't be cheap. Why don'cha stay up in the attic. It needs some work, but it'll be close to MK. He lives on the second floor. But you gotta work for rent just the same as him."

"I already have a job here." Tyla shrugged.

"I can do something...I don't think going back to the flower shop is such a good idea right now. I can uh...do waitressing." She was steered over to a seat so Tang could clean her wounds.

"Alright it's settled, you three can stay here...the kittens too young to work so Tang can sit her."

"Sit?" the twins asked and looked at Tang.

"It means to watch." Tang told them. "She's a cutie. What trouble could she cause?"