Chapter 13: The agreement

Until the Light Goes out

Chapter 13

The agreement

Raya opened her eyes the moment she heard a heated conversation between her dad and MK. Both of which ran out of the apartment really fast. She heard a squeak and then felt someone root up under her blanket and into her arms. Yomi yawned and curled up tightly looking up at her through the blankets.

"What's gotten you in such a tissy hum?" Raya ran her fingers over her sister's fur. The small monkey twittered for a moment. Raya understood the language since she too used to speak it when she was a child.

"Somethings wrong with Tyla? Do you know?" Raya sat up. Yomi grumbled and grabbed the blanket and pulled it back onto her shoulder.

"Dad and big brother went out to fight that guy. Dads real mad too. Scary..." She looked over the blanket.

"Oh please be careful dad. That monkey wasn't a nice guy." Raya looked out the window. She could see the clouds moving in as she watched.

(0)

Tyla felt a cold cloth on her forehead. She opened her eyes to see Tang standing over her. He said something, but she couldn't make it out.

The fever had gotten worse, and Tyla wasn't able to comprehend what was being said. Her whole arm was purple now. He tipped a cup to her lips and let her drink the ice water. Her fingers rested on the rim of the cup coaxing him to let her have more. That wasn't a good sign. She was acting like he hadn't given her water at all. Her pale skin told him she was dehydrated. She kicked the blankets off her legs. Lightning cracked off in the distance.

"Hurry Wukong..." He was worried. Replacing the cloth back onto her forehead. She leaned into his hand.

(0)

Macaque looked on in front of him as he watched his nemesis and his apprentice walk up the pathway toward him. It was the best sight to behold.

"So, how is that...daughter of yours? Tired of me messing with her?" He laughed.

"That...was a different one. This one is much stronger then the one you got hold of last. She'll be fine." That was news to Macaque, he wasn't aware of a third. Just that he was told there were two.

"How many do you have hidden?" Macaque laughed. "Honestly you can stand to lose one."

"I don't expect you to understand the feeling of fear as one of your children lies dying!" Wukong yelled.

"Yeah your right. I don't know. Don't have a habit of laying other females." Wukong looked at MK.

"Well thats sad..." MK laughed.

"Whatever...enough talk." He held up a vial the size of his hand. "You need this...so come get it."

MK looked around at the surroundings. It was at least out in the dunes. No one was around to hurt it...He felt the wind as Wukong launched himself at Macaque.

"Oh boy...this was going to get interesting." He looked up just as Macaque started to fly right for him. "Oh ho no you don't." He pulled out the staff and...

Macaque launched a volley of shadows at him. Each one hit their mark as he went. MK rolled down the dirt.

"Okay...that was...not fun." He stood up straight again. "Alright. Lets try that again."