Chapter 2: Lian

Not Meant For Me

Chapter 2

Lian

"So your moms not a bull, but your dad is, and thats why you don't have horns?" Tyla asked sitting on the other side of the counter mopping the floor. Red Son shook his head as he sippined the tea.

"Yeah, you know I was hoping mine would have been as impressive as fathers, but I took after my mother." He said setting the cup down and looked down at his sister who was beginning to stir. "Uh oh...what do I do?" He watched her once peaceful face get agitated.

"Oh don't worry, she's just hungry. When they're that young they want four things. Change, diaper, cuddles, and sleep." Tyla said looking up as the door opened. Raya walked in slightly downcast still. Today it would seem Jin came with her, he looked worried.

"Raya come look, Reds got a sister." Raya looked up almost pleased with this information. She slowly looked over Red Sons shoulder and smiled.

"Daww she's so cute! But look at that..." Raya moved the cap out of the way. Two very distinct horns bumps were visible. "Dawww she'll have horns. Thats okay though, you'll look so cute with small horns."

"Why are horns so popular?" Red Son spat.

"Oh don't go throwing a fit Red, youre cute too." Red Son blushed hearing Tyla as she pulled the bag from the arm of the chair and placed the diaper and wipes at the top of the table. Luckily they were about to close so she could clean the table once they were done. "Alright, put her here." Red Son did as she said and lay his sister down.

"You aren't going to change her here are you?"

"Well of course, where else will I change her?" Tyla wasn't aware at first, but then the standoffishness of Red Son told her he had never changed one before and he didn't too much like the idea of seeing her like that. Tyla smiled and nodded her head.

"Its alright Red Son I know you don't want to, but if we don't it could be harmful to her. You're just cleaning her off, and putting another diaper on. Its what needs to be done. Luckily you won't have to do it forever. Just long enough for your mom to get better. I can imagine giving birth is stressful, and tiresome."

Red ran his fingers over his face.

"Fine...but I'm...can I watch you...first. I've never...never done this before." Raya smiled and nodded.

"Alright stand here and..."

Raya was always so much better with changing diapers then she was. Yomi always wiggled away from her.

Tyla slowly walked toward the door and looked over her shoulder. She didn't want to be followed.

Changing into her falcon form she flew toward flower fruit mountain. It and the cloud were almost the only two ways to get there, it was a horrible journey on foot.

She landed in front of the waterfall and walked inside. She spotted Yomi sitting down on the floor. Tossing stones into the cup lazily. No one to play with her, no one to talk to, boredom tended to breed trouble if a task wasn't given to her.

"Yomi! Why aren't you helping me with laundry?" Yomi jumped up and looked around, and the smile on her face looked as if it would split her face in two if that were possible.

"Tyla!" the young monkey threw her arms around her sisters shoulders and Tyla hugged her tightly. It wasn't like she couldn't come, but she didn't want her job to get in the way. She wanted to be free enough to stay with Yomi for a little while. She missed Yomi, and Red Sons sister made that yearning worse.

"Tyla." Wukong called from the temple.

"I finished work dad, I'm off tomorrow so I came to see you two. Plus...a bit of good news. DBK and his wife are going to be a little busy for a bit. They'll have there hands full with a baby girl."

"They can still do that? I mean they're pretty old." Wukong chuckled picking up Yomi and walked her inside.

"Well it would seem it put a bit of stress on dear mama. They have Red looking after her and he has no idea what he's doing. So he brought her to us."

"To you? Why?"

"I guess he's under the impression that we do a good job with kids." Tyla said, putting some chips on the table. Wukong laughed turning around looking at Tyla

"A good job? You couldn't even keep Yomi safe. Its why I had to relocate her here." Wukong realized his mistake as soon as he made it. The horrified look on her face told him everything.

Tyla was a proud monkey, and she was proud of the way Yomi turned out. She was a very loving, caring, curious, smart little girl.

"I'm nothing but a disgrace to you. Ever since I tried to pick up the staff and couldn't do it, you stopped training me."

"Tyla please..."

Yomi watched her sister close herself off emotionally.

"I was nothing but a horrible mistake that you wished you could get rid of...I'm sorry I'm not what you wanted. I'm not a boy, I can't pick up the staff, and I can't do the things that MK can." Wukong tried to calm her down. He held up his hands trying to stop her from walking out.

"Tyla that's not true." He tried.

"Of course it's true..." She heard someone walk through the waterfall. She turned around to see MK and Raya walk through. Tyla shook her head as she walked back to MK who pulled out his staff ready for more training. Tyla snatched the staff from him and tossed it with ease to Wukong who looked surprised that she picked it up.

"I lied." She told them before she walked out of the waterfall. "I wanted you to love me for me."