Chapter 6: Fear

Until the lights go out

Chapter 6

Fear

It was getting a bit more chilly at night. MK drove his cart through the glade. He really did love the way it looked like as the colors on the setting sun shone through the trees. He watched the monkeys scatter and chitter at them as they drove through. Tyla looked tired to MK, she had busted her butt today doing work. Three ramen bowls tucked away in the heater that, even Pigsy said it, earned. Pigsy even gave her a solid job working there every weekend.

"Just around there." Tyla pointed, just as soon as they got around the corner though the devastation that once was there home came crashing in on them. MK parked the cart and slowly got out watching as Tyla jumped out and ran toward the pile of wood.

"Raya!!" She called out. "Yomi!" grabbing pieces of board throwing it into the yard. MK joined her, not really knowing what to say.

There was a small squeaky noise. Tyla stood up and growled. She stopped instantly having seen something MK didn't catch. Slowly side stepping off the foundation she slowly very slowly walked back toward the woods. She made a small twittering noise. Moving a bush out of the way. Curled in a very tiny ball was Yomi. She was shivering, and whimpering. Tyla noticed the wound immediately.

"Yomi?" She said in the most tender voice she could. Mind you it wasn't that tender. Yomi still cringed and hid under her tail. MK looked over Tyla's shoulder at the small monkey. Tyla reached out and stroked Yomi's back. The very small monkey slowly crawled over and onto Tyla's lap and nuzzled her.

"Come on. Let's go see dad." Tyla whispered to her. Lightly picking her up into her jacket. She was cold, and wet. "MK...could you take us? I don't think flying there would be for the best.

"Sure." He put his jacket onto the small monkey and climbed into the cart.

Yomi could make the cutest noises when she was scared. But watching Tyla being a mothering type after hearing the fear, and anger moments ago. It was almost like she wore many layered masks.

The waterfall came into view. Tyla pulled her baby sister to her as she climbed out of the cart. Wukong leaned against the side of a tree picking a few peaches.

"A family decided to come back huh?" Wukong chuckled almost expecting Tyla to pull out the chips from thin air. Even though she totally forgot to get them."What? What's wrong?" He walked over looking at the worry on Tyla's face. The last last time she looked like that was when...

"Yomi?" Wukong reached over slowly. Gathering the child into his arms and looking down at her. His fingers ran down the wounded arm, and leg. "What happened?" Yomi curled in again, fearing what would come next. She knew what would come next because it happened before.

"I don't know dad. I helped Pigsy with his restaurant because he was sick. Got a job by the way. MK brought me home, and the house...it was...destroyed. I don't know where Raya is."

"Other monkey has her." Yomi's tiny voice called from the middle of MK's jacket. She burrowed back into it. "Dark fur, red face, purple eyes. Scary...he blew up our house." She leaned out of the jacket to nuzzle her dad's hand. Wukong pulled the small bundle closer to him.

"Now you listen, Yomi...stay here. We'll come back for you." Wukong walked up to the temple and placed Yomi down and walked back out the door.

"Dad?" Wukong looked over his shoulder at Yomi. Her tiny tail could be seen weaving back and forth on the other side of the blankets that were now on top of her. "Are you and big brother going to fight him?"

"We have to get your sister back." He could see the glowing set of golden eyes looking back at him.

"Be careful..."

"Get some sleep." Tyla put a bowl of ramen down. Yomi gasped and stood up sniffing the air. " After you eat." She picked up MK's jacket and handed it back to him.

"You coming?" MK asked.

"No one...touches my siblings." She tapped the tiger skin jacket.