Chapter 6: What's wrong with her?

Not Dark Enough

Chapter 6

What's wrong with her?

Yomi sat down in her seat at school listening to the teacher as per usual. The candle just under the projector as the student placed the next slide in. What flashed in front of them was a picture of her dad. She smiled and there were a few mutters. Oh she already knew her father did some questionable things in his youth.

"What person doesn't, as they grow emotionally, and learn a bit more knowledge they grow as a person and..." the floor shook as a bookcase behind them near the carpet where they read fell over. Some kids jumped up and ran toward Ms. Holly, others just stayed in their seats and stared at it. Yomi stood there between the two, her tail in her hands.

"It's okay children, it's just gravity at work." She tried to reassure the children as she walked back to pick up the bookcase. She was strong, as most bears were. She looked around as their bento's flew out of their cubby's and launched across the room. Hitting the children, the food going everywhere. Yomi jumped looking up at their teacher as she ushered the children toward the door only for the lot of desks to launch forward and pile in front of the door. The teacher audibly growled backing up into the children as the entity giggled.

(0)

Tyla stood up straight looking around the restaurant. She just had this horrible feeling. Pigsy looked up and Tyla, the sound she made was unusual. MK looked up from Mei's phone. He knew that look, the glowing eyes.

"What is it Tyla? What do your Jedi senses tell you?" Mei joked. The answer however, was no joke.

"Its Yomi...she's scared, very...very scared." Pigsy knew no matter what he said it wasn't going to keep her there.

"Alright, you can take your break Tyla, but I expect you back in an hour!" Tyla took that as a 'go' and she ran out the door. MK however didn't wait for Pigsy to confirm anything, he ran too.

Tang looked up as he slurped a noodle and cleared his throat.

"You don't think something bad happened do you Pigsy?" He asked, Pigsy put another batch of noodles into another bowl and sighed.

"I don't know Tang, but if something were to happen to that little monkey...there will be a huge crater in the city."

"Again." Mei said as she poked at her cell phone.

(0)

Tyla jumped a fence, and ran up the side of a wall. She wasn't in possession of her father's cloud like she wished she did, neither was MK. He tried once to get on the cloud, but he fell right through and into a pond.

MK used the staff and vaulted over the wall completely. Tyla couldn't tell how long it took for them to get to the school, but when she threw open the door and looked around the room. It felt...odd.

"Uh...sorry. I was summoned?" Tyla looked around the room. Nothing seemed amiss, and everything looked in order. Tyla looked down at her sister who seemed fine. She had a pencil in her hand, and she was writing down notes that were being talked about. Tyla looked at the projector, seeing her father on the slide.

"We're talking about dad." Yomi piped up. It was so odd...she looked at MK who looked just as confused as she did. She looked up at Ms. Honey whose hand rested on her hips.

"Is everything alright Ms. Sun?" She asked. Tyla hated being called that. She loved being Wukongs daughter, but she felt she never earned the right to be called anything more than Tyla.

"Everythings fine..." She walked toward the door and closed it again. She was going to get to the bottom of what happened...soon.