one

Los Feliz High School was like many in the Los Angeles area, with their typical high school cliques and their 'tailgates' at football and lacrosse games

Los Feliz High School was like many in the Los Angeles area, with their typical high school cliques and their 'tailgates' at football and lacrosse games. But what differentiated them was their highly praised music program.

Born and raised in the Los Angeles area, Holland Richmond was the known to many at the school as the junior girl with dreams in the clouds. She loved singing, dancing, acting, and wanted to play on the world's biggest stage in front of sold out crowds. It was quite the dream to chase, but what no one would ever tell her is they knew she was the one girl who had the means to get there, because she had a drive inside of her that many others didn't have.

Holland grew up on her mother's stories of her half brother, Reggie, and his band that had been known as Sunset Curve. They were a small scale band, but they had enough of a following to get a show at the infamous Orpheum. But two hours before the night that would change their lives, three fourths of Sunset Curve would meet their end by tainted hot dogs. Reggie, Alex, and Luke never got to live their wildest dream, and Holland made it her mission to live her dream in memory of them.

The bell that signaled the end of first period rang out in the hallways. Holland strode out the door of her classroom, waving goodbye to some of her friends as she moved down the hallway, airpods already fastened into her ears as she played through some of the instrumentals she had recorded the night before, humming along the lyrics that she was still working through.

Toward the end of the hallway was Carrie Wilson, already striding toward little sophomores Julie Molina and her best friend, Flynn. Holland rolled her eyes, taking out her headphones as she cursed the girl for ruining her moment in her head.

"Here you go," Carrie said to the girl's in her sing song voice, handing them a flyer from the stack in her hands. "My group is performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie, thanks!" Flynn shot back sarcastically.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carrie shot back with the same sarcastic tone in her voice.

Holland slide over on to Julie's side, opposite of Flynn, as she raised an eyebrow at Carrie.

"Oh my gosh, Carrie, let's stop with the fake voice yeah?" the way that Holland made her voice higher to mimic Carrie had the girls desperately trying to conceal their laughter. "Some of us have more important things to worry about then inflating your ego even more."

Carrie shot the older girl a glare before turning on her heel, grabbing onto the arm of her boyfriend Nick and dragging him away from them. Holland turned to the girls, grabbing onto Julie's head and forcibly turning it away from where it was locked onto Nick.

"Julie, there's many fish in this vast ocean before us. Please turn your attention away from Carrie's arm candy,"

"Nick's a sweetheart," Julie tried to reason with her as Flynn snorted in laughter.