three

"So you played their CD, and suddenly their ghosts appeared?"

"Pretty much, yes,"

"You know, we're right here-"

"No, uh uh," Holland cut Alex off, shaking her head as she looked at the boys, pointing between her and Julie. "The two living people are speaking right now, got it? You can zip it."

"Oh, she is fiesty!" Luke commented, sending a wink in Holland direction (which she rolled her eyes at) before nudging Reggie in the side. "Are we sure she's your sister?"

After Holland had preceded to have a complete and utter mental breakdown, complete with many swear words dropped, Julie had preceded to explain the entirety of what had happened before she had arrived.

Holland believed her. It was hard not to, when the boys were standing right in front of her. Holland hadn't even processed yet that her brother was literally standing in front of her right now, but she'd get there eventually.

"Mom and dad were on the brink of divorce. If she looked at him one more time they were ready to sign the papers," Reggie broke into the conversation, stepping up to stand in front of his sister. "How in the world do I have a sister?"

"Our mom and your dad did divorce, five days after the funeral," Holland explained to him, nerves suddenly crawling up her skin as she realized that she was standing in front of her brother. "She married my dad a few years later. Kind of had me on accident, wasn't planning to have anymore after what happened to you."

"Oh..." Reggie trailed off for a second before smiling at the girl in front of him. "I mean, this is cool! I always wanted a sibling- oh! And we're the same age right now so that's even cooler!"

"My biggest wish in life was that I would've gotten to meet you, meet all of you," Holland's voice was softer now as she looked at Reggie, and then to Alex and Luke. "It's...kind of weird that I'm seeing you guys now."

Julie clapped her hands, interrupting the moment and bringing the attention to her.

"I'm sure there's lots to talk about, so I'm going to go get my calculus homework so that Holland can actually help me study, and give you guys time to...chat,"

With Julie out the door and up the driveway to the house, Holland took a seat on the couch. Reggie was the first to sit, placing himself on the coffee table in front of her as Alex and Luke sat on either side of her on the couch.

"I'm talking to three ghosts, one of whom is my brother," Holland spoke to break the silence. "This has the makings of the greatest song ever."

The comment sent the boys into laughter, until Luke realized what she had said. He went to hit her in the shoulder, only for his hand to move right through her. Now that, Holland decided, would take some time to get used to.

"Wait, you write?" Holland watched Luke as he moved to put his feet under him on the couch, giving her a bright smile. "You write music and stuff?"