fifteen

Holland had slept for almost twelve whole hours the night after the dance in Julie's bed, yet when she woke up the next morning with puffy eyes she felt as if she hadn't slept at all

Flynn had googled "what happens after you get cheated on", and expertly told the girls that morning that Holland was still in the shock phase, where she couldn't comprehend what had happened. She would then go into denial, obsession, anger, bargaining, depression until she finally hit acceptance. Holland tried to stress that she was fully aware of what had happened (wasting two years of her life) and was already in the anger stage, but Flynn refused to not stick to schedule.

After forcibly being dressed by Julie as Flynn left to go home to her parents, Julie had then dragged her down into the studio, right where she knew she didn't want to go right now. This was proven to her when the doors opened and the boys were already waiting.

"We're sorry," Reggie sang out.

"So sorry," Alex added in as Luke dropped down to his knees.

"We're super duper crazy stupid sorry,"

"In case you missed it," Reggie commented, fixing his hair. "We're really sorry."

Holland let out an annoyed sigh, crossing her arms over her chest as she rolled her eyes, something all of the boys noticed. She didn't want to come down here because beneath everything else that was happening, she was also pissed at them for what had happened. On top of that, she was definitely in the anger stage, and if one thing set her off she knew exactly who she was going to take it out on.

"Yeah, I got that part," Julie commented, having felt the exact same annoyance as her friend.

"We've been down here for, like, three hours," Alex added in.

"We almost sang to your little brother," Reggie commented. "He comes down here a lot, mainly to use the bathroom...not our favorite part."

"Julie, the point is that it wasn't okay for us to flake on the dance last night," Luke told her. He spared a glance toward Holland, looking away when he saw the glare already on her face. "We never wanted to let you down."

"You two are the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts," Alex told both of the girls, even though the one was staying completely silent.

"In hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig," Luke stepped forward, handing her the flyer they had gotten early that morning. "Monday night. Okay, check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away and we're living the dream."

"So, this means a lot to you, huh?" Julie asked the boys, raising her eyebrows. "Kind of like how playing in front of my whole school meant a lot to me."

"That sounds like sarcasm," Reggie commented, seeing that his sister's glare was now focused on him instead. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working."