twenty-seven

"Julie, you have to stop pacing,"

Holland's words did nothing to ease Julie's nerves as she continued to pace in front of the couch in the studio, muttering under her breath. Holland shook her head with a slight laugh, eyes going back to the notebook in her hands as she continued to look over the list of song choices. Not that it mattered yet, it all depended on if the boys could pull off their half of the plan. There wasn't a lot of time left either, only 3 hours until show time.

"If this works, we could be opening for Panic! at the Disco tonight...I could be meeting Brendon Urie!"

The girl on the couch laughed as she stood up, grabbing onto Julie's shoulders as she held her in place for just a moment.

"Yes, and it's really cool. But first, we have to wait for the boys before we get too excited-"

A flash behind them interrupted their conversation as they boys appeared. Julie threw her hands up, pushing Holland out of the way as she turned to them.

"Oh my gosh! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it? Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us? Are we playing tonight? Someone answer me, why is no one talk-"

Holland's hand slammed over Julie's mouth as she smiled at the boys.

"What she's trying to say, is did it work?"

"Ladies, take a seat," Luke spoke to them both, gesturing to the couch behind them as he shot Holland a little wink. She smiled back, grabbing onto Julie and forcing her to sit down beside her. "It's fine, everything is fine."

"Yeah! You should be getting a call right...now!" 

The girls looked at Julie's phone on the coffee table, just staring at the black screen that Alex was pointing at. Holland raised an eyebrow at the boy as he sighed.

"Right...now!"

On cue, the phone rang with an unknown caller as the boys celebrating, high fives all around. Julie let out a squeal, bringing Holland into a side hug.

"Answer it!" the boys all shouted in unison. Julie froze at the thought as Holland rolled her eyes, grabbing the phone and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Tasha. I'm calling from the Orpheum in Hollywood," Holland had to physically cover her mouth to keep in her giggles as all four of them sprang up from the couch and the floor, jumping all over the place and cheering. "Is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms?"

Holland made a face at the group, stopping them all in their tracks. She grabbed Julie's phone, taking it off speaker and holding it up to her ear.

"This is Holland, I'm...the band manager," Holland had to cover her mouth again to keep in her laughs as Reggie and Luke lifted Alex into the air, spinning him around like the scene in Dirty Dancing. "What can I help you with, Tasha?"