four

Holland Richmond was woken up to the sound of Julie Molina singing, and it brought tears to her eyes

Dragging herself out of Julie's bed with a yawn, she moved over to the open window, looking down on the studio below. The doors were cracked open, the sound of Julie's melodic voice flowing through the air as a smile graced Holland's lips. She knew Julie was apprehensive about the boys, but she could tell their passionate love of music was already showing her something she had hidden deep down inside.

Having no motivation to get ready, since this was an impromptu sleepover, Holland threw on a pair of leggings that she always kept in her bad and a hoodie that she had left at Julie's prior, throwing her bookbag over her shoulder as she made her way out of the house and down toward the garage.

She raised an eyebrow as she moved down the steps, seeing the boys standing outside the doors and peaking in through the windows. She came to a stop behind them, a slight smirk on her lips.

"Caught ya,"

The shrieks that emitted from all three boys brought a laugh out of Holland as she shook her head at them. Luke breathed a sigh of relief, realizing it was her as he took a step toward her.

"Thank god you're not crying too," Luke told her, shaking his head. "Some friend of Julie's just walked in there, and now they're both crying. And there's only one thing worse than a girl crying, and that's TWO girls crying."

"It's probably just Flynn, she's a good friend of Julie's," Holland explained with a slight laugh. "What, Luke, can't handle when people cry?"

"YES! That's what I said," Alex exclaimed. "I should know. I cried in a room for 25 years and I didn't get a single hug from either of you."

Holland shook her head at her brother, motioning for him to stop before he went in for a hug that she was sure would just get rejected by Alex. Reggie instead looked to his sister and asked her the question that all of them we're dying to know.

"Why did Julie lie about playing the piano? And singing? She's good, like, I have ghost bumps!"

"You have to understand that things were really hard for her after her mom passed. Music was their thing," Holland tried to explain to the guys. "That's how her and I became friends, I tried to teach her that even though it hurt, music was probably the best way to connect with her mom. I used music to feel connected to you my whole life, Reggie. She probably just wasn't ready to talk about it yet, not until I guess this morning."

"And jsut when will we get to hear you sing?" Luke questioned the girl who rolled her eyes. The mannerism brought a smile to his lips, though.

"Not right now, that's for sure,"

The boys didn't get a chance to respond as the door to the studio opened, Flynn and Julie walking out of it. Holland tried to suppress her smile as the boys leaned against the other door, trying to act natural while doing the most unnatural poses possible.