eight

"She hates me

"She hates me. She hates us both,"

"Julie, she doesn't hate either of us-"

"She's never going to talk to us again,"

"Okay, I highly doubt that-"

"What if I've just ruined-"

Julie let out a shriek as Holland tapped the breaks a little harder than she should've, sending Julie flying out of her seat just the tiniest. Holland let out a laugh as she returned back to driving like a normal person as Julie looked at her with wide eyes.

"You weren't shutting up! What did you want me to do?"

"Not try to kill me!" Julie exclaimed, though with a hint of a laugh in her voice as well. She sat forward in her seat before a smirk crossed her lips as she turned back to her friend driving. "I mean, instead of talking about Flynn, we can talk about Luke's sweatshirt."

"Unless you really want me to lay on the breaks again, then no,"

"Oh come on!" Julie hit her friend in the shoulder. "You're literally wearing his sweatshirt! That's a thing that, like, couples do! Also, how are you even wearing his clothing? He's a ghost."

"Because they're clothes still exist? I don't know the science behind this, Julie," Holland shot back, looking over at her for a moment as she pulled into the girl's driveway. "It was an honest mistake. They all poofed over last night to talk to me and I was really tired this morning and grabbed it thinking it was mine. Besides, I'm literally in a relationship."

"Yeah...let's see how long you can deny this for,"

Julie and Holland made their way down the driveway and toward the studio, Holland pulling open the doors and stepping in with Julie behind her. She turned to face Reggie and Luke as Julie shut the door, giving the pair an unimpressed look as they rocked out on their guitars.

"I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to be playing alone," Holland reminded them as they put their guitars down. "You know, the whole people being able to hear you thing."

"But we're not alone," her brother reminded her as Luke threw an arm over his shoulder. "Because we always have each other!"

Julie was the opposite of impressed as she walked toward both of their amps, quite literally pulling the plug on the jam session.

"Come on, you don't want us to play it again?"

Holland stepped up toward the boys, looking at them both and pointing to Julie as she held one of the cords in her hand.

"I really don't think she does, boys,"

"We've actually been waiting for you to get home," Luke told Julie, turning to look at Holland with a grin. "Both of you, actually. We have some pretty major news to tell you two. We had a band meeting earlier and..."