twenty-eight

When the boys poofed back into existance, they were right where they didn't want to be: The Hollywood Ghost Club

Luke looked down at himself just as the other boys did, their eyes all going wide as they saw their clothes were gone, replaced with fancy suits to fit the old Hollywood aesthetic of the club, Luke and Reggie wearing their guitars and Alex holding his drumsticks. Luke looked up as Caleb walked into the room, wearing that same smirk as always.

"Well, don't you all look nice,"

"Sweet threads," Reggie mumbled as they all fidgeted in the uncomfortable clothing. Luke tugged at the collar of the suit, trying to pull it away from his neck as Caleb watched them all, the club music playing in the background just out the curtains and on the stage.

"How...how'd you know our sizes?"

"That's your question?" Luke shot at Alex, rolling his eyes as he continued to play with the suit collar. Caleb sighed, bringing the attention back to him.

"I know you buys aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming. But, I just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch," Caleb looked over to his assistant, handing him something before looking back at the boys. "For starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together? And everything you want, including Willie, is here."

"Not everything," Luke muttered, his glare set on Caleb. The comment only widened the ghost's smirk.

"Oh Luke, don't ruin my surprise just yet," he stepped up to the boy, fixing the collar of the suit himself as he looked down on him. "On my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel with that audience will be like no other. I promise."

Caleb took a step back as he watched the boys look between one another. He sighed, still seeing the hesitation on their faces.

"But of course, your hearts belong somewhere else," Caleb's frown turned to a smirk once more as he waved his hands beside him. "But I told you, everything you want can be here."

Luke felt his breath catch in his throat as Holland and Julie materialized at Caleb's sides, smiling at the boys before them. Julie wore a silver and pink flapper dress, matching the other dancers at the club. 

Holland, on the other hand, took his breath away. She was adorned in a red flapper dress, her hair done to the nines as the deep red coating her lips matched the dress perfectly. She gave Luke that award winning smile that made him weak at the knees every time as Caleb laughed.

"What are they doing here?" Reggie questioned, increasingly becoming angrier at the thought of Caleb touching them. "What did you do to them-"

"Relax Reggie, I didn't touch your sister. I didn't touch either of them. No, this right here is better," Caleb knew his plan was working. By the awestruck look on Luke's face, he knew he had the boy right where he wanted him. He stepped up behind Luke, grabbing his shoulders as he leaned down to talk right into his ear, Luke's eyes never leaving Holland. "Luke...you know it will never work. She's a lifer, so what will you do every year when her birthday rolls around? You'll have to watch her grow old, sacrifice her entire life to be with someone that can't give her the one she deserves. If you loved her, Luke, you'd let her go. But here, here in this club, she's all yours. For eternity."