eleven

"Whoa! Are you making cookies?"

To Holland, it seemed that she was finally getting used to the sudden appearance of her brother and his best friends. This time, when they poofed into existence in the kitchen, she didn't visibly flinch or even scream.

"Yes, I am," Holland gave Luke a warning glance as he tried to dip his finger in the remaining batter as she laid all the cookies out on the sheet as the oven beeped. "I already put in High School Musical 1, just waiting on Julie and Flynn."

"Mom and your dad already leave?" Reggie questioned as his sister put the cookies into the oven, getting a small hum back. Him and Alex walked into the living room connected to the kitchen, aweing at a picture on the mantle of the fireplace. "Aweeeeeee is this little Holland?"

Holland rolled her eyes, already knowing this wasn't going to be the only comment like that. She wiped off her hands, walking into the living room as she saw all three boys now crowding around the pictures.

"One right in front of you was actually when I won that competition with Long Live," she told them, gesturing to the pictures next to them. "Rest are mainly school photos, along with some ones of things like Homecoming and stuff."

Luke walked across the room, aweing out loud as he pointed to a photo of Holland from last year's homecoming on the side table by the couch. His face held a teasing smile, one that gained an eyeroll from Holland.

"Holls in a fancy dress...when do we get to see that?"

The doorbell rang right on time as Holland sent him a wink, turning to go to the door.

"In your dreams, Luke,"

"You got that right," he muttered. Holland didn't hear a word as she opened the door and let Julie and Flynn in, but by the looks on Alex and Reggie's faces he knew they heard.

"Make it a little more obvious, dude," Reggie teased him as Julie waved toward the boys.

"Man, I wish I could see them," Flynn grumbled, throwing herself onto the couch as the girls let out a laugh. "At least keep me in the loop if they make funny comments, but don't interrupt me staring at Zac Efron or I will fight someone."

"Loveseat is mine,"

Julie didn't argue with Holland as the girl took her favorite spot in the living room, Julie taking the spot next to Flynn. 

Reggie and Alex exchanged a knowing glance as they raced toward the couch, sitting on either side of Julie and Flynn and leaving Luke with only one choice.

"Oh, did you want to sit here Luke?" Alex commented, winking dramatically in his direction. "Holland looks a little lonely, maybe you should sit by her."

Luke let out a sarcastic laugh, rolling his eyes at the guys but ultimately taking the spot next to Holland as she pulled her legs under herself, starting the movie. Feeling eyes on her, she took a glance over at Luke as he flashed that puppy like smile, throwing his arm over the back of the couch behind her.