19

= The Uchiha Massacre =

Minato smiled as he handed Itachi a scroll. 'This is your SS-Class mission. After this, you shall leave Konoha.'

'Hokage-sama! But.... this isn't true! This is selfish of you!' Itachi exclaimed.

'I don't care. I'm your Hokage and you must do as I say.' Minato said.

'Yes, Hokage-sama.' Itachi replied, as he Shunshinned away.

Mito and Menma stepped into the room.

'Yay! We're getting our Sharingan!' The brats screamed.

~ Uchiha Clan Compound ~

'Are you sure Itachi?' Fugaku asked.

'Yes. Hokage-sama assigned me to this mission.' Itachi said.

'Never mind. I have an idea. I had Jiraiya do a task for me last month. He's back and it's finished.' Naruto said. 'You will seal the Clan Compound and loyal Uchihas inside this scroll. Itachi will bring them to Project Whirlpool, where he will unseal them.'

'That's a great idea, Naruto!' Itachi exclaimed.

'We'll need to conduct tests of loyalty, with Henges and genjutsu used as methods. Itachi can kill off the unloyal Uchihas. After that, Itachi should take their Sharingans and pass them to some of the loyal Uchihas.' Naruto said. 'I will warn the Hyuga Clan that this might happen to them and bring some shinobi over to the Project.'

'Good.' Fugaku said. 'We'll need to gradually transport the loyal shinobi to the Konoha Alliance to Project Whirlpool.'

'Yes. Then let the tests begin.' Naruto said.

~ Testing Room ~

'You must hand over your Sharingan. Do you accept?' Naruto said, Henged into Minato.

'Yes.' The shinobi said.

'Itachi!' Naruto called, as the shinobi was escorted into a holding cell.

'You must hand over your Sharingan. Do you accept?' Naruto asked again.

'No.' The shinobi said.

'Very well. Tsukuyomi!' Naruto said.

The Uchiha quickly passed the test, and Naruto smiled.

'Next!'

The long lines of Uchiha quickly passed, with most of them passing.

'We're ready.' Fugaku told Itachi, as Itachi's mission was about to begin.

~ Uchiha Massacre ~

Itachi moved swiftly in the shadows, ready to "kill" any passing Uchiha. It was a normal day in Konoha, apart from the fact that something was about to happen to the Uchiha.

'Ready.' Naruto spoke silently a long distance away using a jutsu, as Itachi prepared himself.

'Time to do this.' Itachi thought, as he wrote the kanji for seal [Fuin] on the scroll that Naruto had prepared.

Itachi extended his hand as he sealed the compound and the people inside it into the scroll.

'Time to finish the disloyal Uchihas.' Itachi thought, as he darted towards the Mokuton holding cell.

'Fire Release: Fireball Jutsu!' Itachi said as he breathed out fire, burning the Uchihas inside the cell.

Itachi slashed his tantō, as he quickly finished off the Uchiha.

'Sharingan!' Itachi activated his dojutsu as he took his disloyal clansmen's Sharingans.

Placing the eyes in jars, the Uchiha prodigy opened his sealing scroll. He quickly sealed the jars inside as he waited for Naruto to escort some more shinobi.

'I'm done.' Naruto reported.

'Me too.' Sasuke added.

'Let's rendezvous outside the gates.' Itachi said.

'Sure.'

The ANBU made their way out. Naruto and Sasuke quickly handed Itachi the scrolls with shinobi inside.

'Thank you.' Itachi said, sealing the scroll inside a bigger scroll.

'GO!' Naruto whispered, as Itachi Shunshinned away.

Naruto and Sasuke started making their way back to Konoha as a vortex appeared, swirling. It was so silent that only the Byakugan could detect it. The vortex was clever, it had chosen to appear near the Byakugan's blind spot. Naruto and Sasuke continued walking until Naruto's demon fox, Kurama, picked up a chakra signature.

'I know you're there.' Naruto said. 'Akatsuki.'

'I am Tobi.' A man with an orange mask said, as he emerged out of nowhere. 'And I am here to find Itachi.'

'It's too late, Tobi.' Naruto said. 'Itachi is safe and on his way to Project Whirlpool.'

'It's not.' Tobi said, as his Sharingan emerged.

'Kamui. I should have known.' Naruto said.

'How did you know?' Tobi asked curiously.

Naruto opened up a scroll containing a clay body as the Sage of Six Path's reincarnation poured out foreign chakra.

'Hello, Obito.' The clay body said. 'I am here to talk with you.'

===

Note that the Akatsuki was formed around the time of the invasion in this story

Who is the clay body?

What will happen to Tobi?

What will happen to Akatsuki?

Will Minato find Itachi?