Chapter 22

I've lost track of how long it has been since Greyson banished me to this makeshift prison. At first glance it might masquerade its self as a modern small bedroom with minimal furniture thoughtfully scattered about the room. Looks can be deceiving, that became evident a few hours into my 'stay'.

There was nothing random about the overwhelming use of the colour white that plagued every corner of the small room, quite the contrary. Though splashes of black could be seem here and there, they did nothing to contrast the lifelessness of the room. There is no warmth, only a chilling sense of despair clings to every particle of the room

What's worse – the constant non-stop classical music playing in background made it impossible to even think. Though I have an appreciation for all forms of music I found myself slowly begin to hate the entire genre. Hearing one song over and over again for hours on end will have you feeling that way.

I am frustrated, hungry but mostly mad – mad that Greyson's would rather banish me to this hell hole than have me near him.

I had no right to feel how I did but still I wanted to be near him, to speak to him and make him understand why I did what I did. I knew it would take some time to earn back his trust and  forgiveness.

I let out a scream of frustration as the song starts again.

It feels like I have been in confinement for days when in reality it has probably been only a few hours. I can feel the energy slowly draining from my body as exhaustion attacks every fibre of my being.

The only thing that has kept me going for so long is the burning rage I feel towards Grey but now I can feel my resolve slowly slipping away.

I am on the verge of unconsciousness yet my stubbornness won't let me give in, adamant on seeing this 'punishment' through.

Had it been any other day, I would have fought longer against the overwhelming urge I feel to give in to the blanket of darkness that is slowly enveloping me. Unable to hold on any longer, I let the darkness consume me.

"May the darkness never overthrow the light within your heart."

The words my mother always used to say to me float in my mind as I am knocked unconscious.

***

I was floating, overcome by a peaceful calmness. I couldn't recall the last time I had been in such a state of serenity. I welcome it.

My nirvana is short lived as I become aware of a distant commotion in the forefront of my mind.

Slowly the haze begins to fade as I pry my eyelids open, the blinding light obscuring my view before I quickly recover. Finding my equilibrium, I pinpoint the source to two hushed voices that sound much closer than they had been a minute ago.

I can't make out what they are saying.

At the foot of the bed I lay stood two unfamiliar faces, one a pup about my age and the other a fully grown male with hard eyes and a stiff posture. Their conversation seizes as they become aware of my presence.

"You are finally awake." The boy with dirty blonde hair speaks, cutting through the now barely audible music in the background.

"Who are you?" My eyes narrow at the two strangers, trying to determine their intention towards me. After what happened with Mason, I assumed the worst of every male.

"I'm Kai. This is my brother Kaden, your third in command." As he speaks, he moves forth, placing a tray of food on the nightstand.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you." He beams as he steps away from the bed.

His genuine smile reaches his eyes, a complete contrast to his brother's unwelcoming aura. I cannot help but extend a small smile back.

"Please leave us." The towering brick wall finally speaks. I would have guessed he was a mute.

The boy, Kai bows his head at me to gesture his goodbye before he promptly exits the room leaving me with his brother.

The longer he stood watching me silently the more I wonder here he was there.

"Do you mind getting someone to turn off that horrid music on your way out?"

"Funny, I was under the impression that you loved this song."

Even his satisfied smirk seems mechanical.

"You must be the lap-dog, or the enforcer as they better call it among your kind."

His eyebrows caved downwards; his demeanour unimpressed – bored even.

"I think it will do you some good to choose your words wisely from this point forth. I can make your stay here significantly more unbearable."

"Got it."

"You should eat, I'm sure the Alpha wouldn't want you starve. No one wants to bed a bone."

Cold, rude and vulgar. Noted

"Where is he?" I mutter.

"It shouldn't matter to you where he is. He isn't coming,"

"You know, I am getting a sense that you don't like me all that much. No hard feelings, I know you are just doing your job. I mean sure you threw me in this hell hole and are foreseeing my torture but I still believe we can move past this if you let me go."

"Doing my job, you say? If I was indeed doing my job, you'd be on your knees begging for the Alpha's forgiveness. Be thankful I'm just tasked as your baby sitter. This- this isn't even remotely close to a fitting punishment for your heinous crimes."

"Crimes? I don't know who is feeding you these twisted tales running through your dense mind but you are sorely misinformed. Run along and tell your master to come face me if he dares."

"You may blatantly disrespect Grey's on but that shit won't fly with me. I don't give a fuck who or what you are. I won't hesitate to put you in your place."

"Put me in my place?" I scoff. "I think someone has very intense delusions.

I challenge albeit knowing w he wasn't someone I wanted to mess with but alas my defiance always seems to triumph over sense.

Big mistake.

He is by my side in a split second his wolf speed giving him an advantage. Before I can even react, he wraps his rough hands around my throat, squeezing relentlessly even as I writhe under the weight of his firm grip on my neck.

His eyes burn with fury as pain overwhelms my lungs. I claw at his hands uselessly, small ragged gasps escaping my constricted throat. My mind went hazy as the edge of my vison went dark.

Is this what it is like to feel the life slwoly drain out of your body?