𝟏𝟐. 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 the spiral staircase of the mansion after I put Wheezie to bed. Making my way into the living room, I grabbed the dirty dishes and made sure there weren't any crumbs on the couch, before walking into the kitchen. I put the dishes aside and turn the taps on to wash the dishes like my mom always told me to do when you were a guest. As the sponge filled with soap, I scrubbed the dishes, making sure they were clean and ready to be put away once they dried.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" A voice asked from behind me and I turned the tap off, all done with the dishes.

"I'm washing the dishes," I replied as I turned around to face Rafe. Using the tea towel, I dried my hands and leaned against the counter.

"We have a dishwasher, you know," He told me and I muttered a quiet 'oh', which made him chuckle. "You're honestly something else,"

"Is that a bad thing?" I smirked, batting my eyelashes playfully.

"Not at all," He smiled, "So what's been going on lately, how you've been?"

"Well, if you really want to know, in the past few days I've been shot at, home-invaded, and my rooster died," I confessed unenthusiastically and his eyes widened.

"What the-- shot at?" He asked confused and worried but I shrugged it off.

"Anyways, answer me this, Team Edward or Team Jacob?"

"Team Jacob," He replied without missing a beat and I was impressed, "What about you?" He asked quickly, hoping to change the subject.

"Definitely Jacob, have you seen his abs?" I asked him genuinely, cause honestly, his abs were killer.

"You want to see some abs?" Rafe joked as he tugged lightly on his t-shirt.

"I swear to God, if you lift up your shirt, I will punch you. And I'm not one for unnecessary violence," I told him and he put his hands up in defence. "It would also bring you down on my guy list," I told him playfully.

"Guy list? Where am I then? First or second?" Rafe continued, leaning against the counter across from me.

"You're seventh out of ten," I deadpanned.

"Can I make you a deal, then?" Rafe asked, leaning closer towards me and I felt my heartbeat rising.

"What is it, fancy boy," I asked, leaning just as close.

"I invite you to a party on Friday and if you have fun, I get to move up to number one," He offered and I thought for a second. I honestly don't remember the last Kook party I went to and it could be fun, especially if I was going with Rafe.

"How about, you invite me to the party and if I have fun, you'll move up to third," I proposed as I stuck out my hand for him to shake.

"I'll take it," He replied as his large hand gripped mine, both of us confirming the deal. As we pulled away, Ward and Rose walked through the door and I walked out of the kitchen.

"Good, you're still here," Ward said as he pulled out his wallet, "How was she?" He asked.

"We made pizza and watched movies. I put her to bed not that long ago, so she's hopefully asleep by now," I told him as he grabbed a few bills.

"Here's sixty-- wait, you came at the last minutes, so eighty," He said as he handed me four twenty-dollar bills.

"Thank you so much," I praised as Ward gave me a nod and both him and Rose walked up the stairs. I grabbed my bag off the floor as Rafe walked out of the kitchen, opening the front door for me.