𝟑𝟏. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄

✮ 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 ✮

"𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄 could do something a bit different than the usual movies and surfing," He explained as he pushed open the door and bright neon lights flashed over my face. My eyes flickered around the large, rollerskating rink and I grinned brightly. "I've never actually roller-skated... but I figured it would be fun,"

Teens and adults laughed loudly as they skated around the rink while music blasted and lights flashed against the walls. The air smelled like popcorn and shoe-shine, along with cherry soda; it was an odd smell but I liked it. "This is amazing," I gushed as I pulled Rafe towards the front desk.

"Hi, what can I do for you today?" An older lady, maybe in her early thirties, gave us a smile as she pressed on her keyboard a few times.

"Two pairs of skates please," Rafe told her and she tapped on her keyboard once again as he pulled out a few bills.

"That'll be twenty-five seventy-two," She told us as he handed her a few bland coloured bills. She counted the bills and put them into the register before handing him back a few coins. "Sizes?"

"10," Rafe said.

"7," I answered, "I could've paid," I told him but he shook his head as the lady grabbed the skates.

"It's my treat," He smiled as he passed me my skates and both of us walked towards a bench in the distance. "In all honesty, I had no clue that we had a roller rink until I searched it up a few days ago,"

I laced up my skates and pushed my hair behind my ears. "My dad used to take me... then things changed and I completely forgot about this place," I slowly stood up, using Rafe's shoulder to help me stay balanced, which only made him chuckle.

"Ready?" He asked me as my blush slowly faded from my cheeks. "It's like surfing, right? Just balance," The two of us stood up and slowly made our way to the open door of the rink. I grabbed onto the railing once my skates hit the clean hardwood floors, hoping to keep myself up.

I pushed off of the wall and took a stride, a bright grin on my face as I managed to stay on my feet. I twisted around and faced my boyfriend, "Your turn,"

He scoffed to himself, "If you can do it, I can do it," He took a step out, but immediately slipped and collapsed to the ground with a loud grunt. I rushed towards him and crouched down on my knee, checking to see if he was injured. "I take that back," He groaned and I laughed lightly as I helped him to his feet.

"Technically, you're a golfer... not surfer," I pointed out and he frowned as he gripped the wall tightly enough that his knuckles were turning white. "Give me your hand," I told him as I held out my hand towards him.

"I don't think..." He stumbled a bit, "I'll take you out as well," He answered as he hugged the wall, and I shook my head with a smile.

"Just trust me, okay?" I reassured him and he looked at me hesitantly before grabbing my hand. I grabbed his other hand and pulled him off the wall, but he only fell into my body.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, he stared up at me softly, "You tell no one," He scolded and I pulled him off of me.

"I'm telling everyone, don't you worry," I joked as I skated around the rink, pulling Rafe behind me. Music played from the speakers as we rolled around the hardwood floors, carefully weaving in and out of other skaters. I took a soft breath as Rafe finally managed to find his balance and started skating on his own.

He twirled around me and placed a warm hand on my waist as a cheeky smile appeared on his lips. The lights moved around the walls and floors, colouring our outfits in different shades of neon. His hands travelled to my cheek as he kissed me softly, both of us still skating around the almost empty rink.