𝟏𝟒. 𝐁𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 was sunny and warm, with seabirds calling and flying around the van. We had arrived at JJ's work since we needed to figure out where the coordinates were that we found on the map. I slid open the back door and hopped out, followed by Pope. "All right, keep a lookout, we're behind enemy lines," JJ said as he fixed the gun and John B stopped the car in the parking lot.

"Yo, come on man. Just put it back," He exclaimed and JJ was hesitant.

"You can never be too careful," He replied with a cheeky smile.

"I predict that if you bring a weapon to a four-star hotel, it will cause more problems then it solves," Pope explained as he leaned against the window, trying to be subtle.

"I swear to God, I'm going to throw that thing into the ocean," Kie exclaimed as she leaned between the seats, "Put it back,"

"Look, we need to get this done quickly, I have a shift in less then an hour and I can't blow off any more work," I told the crew, which was true. I had a shift in the country club and I couldn't postpone it anymore.

John B agreed as he grabbed the gun from JJ's hands, which made JJ quickly tell him that he can't handle a gun like that. I rolled my eyes as everyone got out of the car, shutting the door behind them. "Can't forget my badge, professional busboy," JJ told us as he held up a laminated pass with a small clip.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asked as we walked through the parking lot.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now," He explained as we stopped at a large door.

We made our way into the hotel using the backdoor where the kitchen was. JJ called a mans name as we got inside, the smell of food wafted around the room. We walked around a few stations as the food was getting prepared and taken out.

JJ went to grab a piece of shrimp off of a plate, but a lady wearing a chef's hat swatted his hand and scolded him. I pushed him forwards, keeping him on course as we entered the main part of the hotel. A few people looked at us strangely, noticing that we didn't look like the Kooks who were at the hotel.

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat," JJ announced as he led us through the halls. We followed him towards a room with two doors with yellow and orange stain-glass windows.

We pushed open the door and immediately Pope ran to a computer, exclaiming, "Sweet Lord, the internet! I've missed you,"

"Let me get in there," JJ said as he walked over to his own computer, "Gotta check out my Insta models," I rolled my eyes as Kie yelled at him, telling him that we didn't have time.

John B dug through his bag and pulled out the map with the coordinates, reading them out loud to Pope who was already on the map website. "34° 57' 30" north. 75° 55' 42" west,"

"Boom, continental shelf, right there," Pope said as he pointed at the screen where a red pin was placed.

"Well, if it's off the deep ends, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt," I told the boys and John B sighed, "Try and zoom in," I said and Pope zoomed into the map.

The screen slowly got bigger as numbers started to appear in a small, white print. "Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet," John B said happily as voices and footsteps sounded outside of the room, making my heart beat a bit faster. "That's not too deep,"

"Is that doable or something?" Kie asked as JJ leaned away from the computer.

"Yeah, totally doable," He replied and we all turned to face him.