𝟑𝟓. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 silent since nobody could fully process what had just happened. Besides Sarah, I didn't think anybody else knew about what had happened to Rafe. I wasn't even positive if Sarah knew about the burn. My hands were still shaking and I hoped the shoving them in my pockets would help stop or avoid any unneeded attention.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Sarah introduced as we drove down a dirt road and towards a group of trailers.

"Why are we here, seriously," I pleaded. This was the last place I wanted to be, and worst of all, I didn't want to see Rafe here. I wasn't worried about what the group would think, it's the fact that this wasn't healthy for him. It was slowly destroying him, no matter how much he denied or begged.

"This'll only take a second," JJ reassured but I knew it was complete bullshit.

"Where are you going?" John B called out as JJ breezed past the van and towards the small house.

"Yo soy justicia," He called back and I rolled my eyes.

"Somebody should probably--" I started but John B was already out of the car.

I watched as both boys retreated into the house, unsure of what JJ was looking for. I turned back to the group, my right leg bouncing excessively. "Are you okay?" Sarah whispered to me as Pope and Kie talked about something but I was too worried to join in.

"It's just Barry and Rafe..." I sighed, not sure how I should say this. "They--he--I," I frowned as my head fell into the palms of my hands. I ran my hands through my hair.

"I know about the drugs," Sarah stated quietly.

"What about the fact that he has a huge burn from Barry?" I asked her softly, not wanting Kie and Pope to overhear.

"I... no, I didn't," She answered and I nodded softly. "You really care about him, hm?"

Slightly taken back by the question, I nodded. "Even with everything he does?" She continued and I found myself nodding once again.

"It's hard to explain, and I'm not really one who's big on romance and this shit... but he's different. He tends to think that he doesn't have a romantic bone in him, but I'd like to vouge otherwise," I chuckled softly, "He's like Draco Malfoy... once you get to know him, you realize that he's a good person, just needs a bit of guidance,"

Sarah stayed quiet for a second and I became embarrassed of everything that had just come out of my mouth. She took a deep breath and looked up at me, "Did you just compare my brother to Draco Malfoy... from the Harry Potter Series?"

I nodded softly as she laughed. It wasn't mocking, it was amusement and soon enough, I was laughing too.

A few minutes later, the tension had reset and the four of us were waiting anxiously outside of the van. Trying to avoid my nail-biting, JJ and John B moved out of the house with a bag.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit," JJ said as he pulled out a wad of cash from said bag.

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie asked arms crossed over her chest.

"Barry's going to find out and come after us," I stated as I looked at JJ. I knew that he knew that this was wrong, but his ego was controlling his brain. And his ego, one day, is going to get us shot or worse, killed.

"Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out," Pope agreed and I could see the worry lines growing on his forehead.

"How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?" JJ snapped and I went quiet. I hated it. I felt weak and useless.